Q about making changes after final payment

DonnaK

OK - my family of four is booked in a quad cabin that I just made final payment on.

My mother is thinking about coming with us, and a cabin near ours is available.

If my mother comes and pays the single supplement, it is the same amount as the 4th person fare in our cabin, so cost is not an issue here.

Can I transfer one person out of our cabin and into hers now, even though I've already made final payment?

If not, can we do this once onboard?

We booked through Princess directly, and the ship is the CB, if that makes a difference.

If you booked directly with Princess I would suggest you call them and ask this question. I think I recently read on these boards that you can cancel a 3rd or 4th person in a cabin without penalty, but I don't know for sure. Princess will not charge you any penalty for asking and it is the only way to know for sure.

Thank you! This sounds encouraging, and I will call Princess to confirm, as soon as my mother makes up her mind. (I gave her until this evening, as the ship is nearly sold-out, and this cabin won'[t be available much longer.)

Even though you've paid in full, it looks like you're still a few days away from your final payment date. This should make things easier for you. As I understand it, it's the final payment date that is the key to having changes made easily.

Archived