Meet and Greet - will the cruise line help?

We are planning a meet and greet with our roll call on the Carnival Destiny out of San Juan in June on Carnival. Does anyone know if Carnival will set a place aside in one of the bars or give us free drinks or something :) for cruisecritic members.... Does anyone know if they do anything like this?

Thanks in advance!

We are planning a meet and greet with our roll call on the Carnival Destiny out of San Juan in June on Carnival. Does anyone know if Carnival will set a place aside in one of the bars or give us free drinks or something :) for cruisecritic members.... Does anyone know if they do anything like this?

Thanks in advance!

They may give you a space, but never free drinks. We just a transatlantic and had a large group - no drinks! It was a struggle to get a room.

Host Mach has a name you can contact, who will set up a party, not free liquor drinks but at least punch or something... John someone, they guy on the blog who works for Carnival. You need to give him several weeks at least advance notice to work on setting it up.

I posted to John Heald's blog. http://johnhealdsblog.com/ He's setting one up for us next week. You need to give him more than 3 weeks notice. Tell him when you want the meet and greet. (boarding day or first sea day)

I posted a comment to the first blog with John, Please Respond. I included my e-mail address and stated that I heard on cruisecritic.com that he was helping set up meet and greets. I got a response about 3-4 days later.

An CARNIVAL Freedom they give us space in 70 Dance Club and also made an anouncement in the daily Carnival Capers. During a day at sea it was a very nice and intersting meeting and we discussed a lot of themes and changed a lot of experience and informations. Just put a pic in the Photo Galery.

An CARNIVAL Freedom they give us space in 70 Dance Club and also made an anouncement in the daily Carnival Capers. During a day at sea it was a very nice and intersting meeting and we discussed a lot of themes and changed a lot of experience and informations. Just put a pic in the Photo Galery.

They're going to put an announcement in the Carnival Capers for us as well. :)

We just returned from the Miracle and were surprised to see a "Cruise Critic Friends meeting" in the daily Capers. It was in one of the lounges and only two of us showed up as I don't think anyone knew about it in advance. Not sure who caused it to happen.

Try this email...

socialnetworking@carnival.com

When we cruised in April on the Victory, Stephanie from that email address, who works directly with John, arranged for our Meet n Greet in a lounge, sign and all, and a bartender to come around and take our orders.

Yes, we had to pay for the drinks but it was really a nice thing having the room to ourselves and someone there for us to take our orders...

Hope it helps....

Archived