Vancouver Weather is Sept?

Hi

I have a question. What is the weather like in Vancouver in late Sept?

I will be arriving in Vancouver on Sept 19th and wondering what type of clothes to pack. We will be sailing the Pacific Coast on the NCL Star.

I assume I would need some type of coat. Is it best just to layer in case it does get warmer? Should I expect rain at that time? I am from FL and not too crazy about the colder weather, but I really wanted to take this trip. Any idea of what the temps would range from? If it is in the 70s and higher I would be so happy!

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

We often get an Indian Summer that extends well into September and sometimes as late as mid-October. It is actually a good time to visit Vancouver because the crowds are gone. Your thougts on what to pack are right on, however would suggest a waterproof jacket. Temps, lows at night low to mid 50's and daytime highs low 60's to low 70's and maybe just a tad warmer but not much. Having said all that it does very from year to year but that is a reasonable range.

We have a rather unique way of weather forecasting in Vancouver, if we can see the mountains we know it is going to rain, if we can't see the mountains we know it is raining.:)

I think 70's in September is not realistic for here in Vancouver. Right now it's 50 degrees and it's June already!

I think expect temps in the 50's or 60's and then if you get higher, then bonus! It won't be too cold in mid Sept, in fact quite often our summer extends late into Sept, and it can be quite warm and dry, which is rare for us.

Like someone else said, you should bring a rain coat (light one), but there is no need to layer clothing unless you are really affected by the rain. But being from FL, I am guessing you get a bit of rain. Here, it's just a little colder when it's raining, but not harder, if that makes sense. We tend to have what we call "drizzle" or a misty type rain that tends to linger...

Here is a link to our historical weather data in Vancouver, the average maximum daytime temp at the airport is 18*c. which puts it at 65f. It is important to note that airport is by the water and it is genrally acknowledged to be the coolest region of the what we call the "Lower Mainland"; it is not uncommon for temps away from the water to be several degrees © warmer. These are also average temps so it is not uncommon for the days in the early part of the month to be warmer than the latter part of the month. However that all said we can have wide swings in our weather as indicated by the OP and this year we are suffering from a cool and damp spring. http://www.theweathernetwork.com/statistics/C02096/cabc0308

Lucia - it sounds like you will be getting on the Star when I get off - I am doing the one day dinner and dance from Seattle on the 20th arriving in Vancouver on the 21st.

Last year on the same cruise we have a nice sunny morning as we sailed under the Lions Gate Bridge and into Vancouver harbour.

Cheers

Dennis

Archived