Lotus Spa Thermal Suite

viviandr

Has anyone tried the Thermal Suite in the Lotus Spa on the ships that have it? What was your experience like? Was it worth a one time trial, or did you think that it was worth a full week's pass? Was it clean? Crowded?

Thanks for any info you can give...

Has anyone tried the Thermal Suite in the Lotus Spa on the ships that have it? What was your experience like? Was it worth a one time trial, or did you think that it was worth a full week's pass? Was it clean? Crowded?

Thanks for any info you can give...

Sorry, I meant Lotus Thermal Sanctuary... not suite. Anyone have any information?

Vivian you now have me confused. :confused: There is a Lotus Spa Thermal Suite that contains several stone loungers and a variety of steam rooms. There are daily and weekly passes you can purchase. Then there is The Sanctuary which is a section of reserved loungers up on deck that includes a few extras such as attendents to bring you lunch & etc. Unless they have changed things admittance to the Sanctuary is for 4 hours at a time and is on a 1st come basis.

If you'd clarify which one you mean I know you'll get the answers you want.

I assume you do mean the one with the "beds" and steam rooms etc. I once bought the weekly pass on the Star. If I had to do it over again I would buy the daily pass if I was to even do it again. I believe the weekly pass is around $75 if I remember and the daily pass is $10. If you are on a port intensive itinerary you would never get the use of the weekly pass. It was never crowded when I was on the ship. The only problem at least on the Star was it was directly below the basketball court and you could hear the ball bouncing on the court above-so much for quiet solitude. By the way if you are only looking for steam and sauna and not the aromatherapy that is in the Thermal area, you can use the one's on the ship for free in the "gym area".

I think part of the confusion comes from that on the CB the Thermal Suite was originally called the Thermal Sanctuary (and still may be...) We bought it for the last week of our B2B on the CB. We thought it was well worth it, we used it every day and it never seemed crowded.

Anyways here are a few pictures I took of the one on the CB.

2549669190102472166S200x200Q85.jpg2215460540102472166S200x200Q85.jpg

2506676220102472166S200x200Q85.jpg2518296670102472166S200x200Q85.jpg

I assume you do mean the one with the "beds" and steam rooms etc. I once bought the weekly pass on the Star. If I had to do it over again I would buy the daily pass if I was to even do it again. I believe the weekly pass is around $75 if I remember and the daily pass is $10. If you are on a port intensive itinerary you would never get the use of the weekly pass. It was never crowded when I was on the ship. The only problem at least on the Star was it was directly below the basketball court and you could hear the ball bouncing on the court above-so much for quiet solitude. By the way if you are only looking for steam and sauna and not the aromatherapy that is in the Thermal area, you can use the one's on the ship for free in the "gym area".

Yes! Genova, thank you so much for understanding me. Your comments are very helpful... We will only have 2 sea days, so a full week may not be worth it. I may try it once, though. It's good to know that there is a free one in the gym area. I will definately try that one, as well.

Thanks so much to everyone for your help. Also, the pictures are great and really give an idea of what to expect.

i thought the price was per person-- not per cabin.

we took a tour of the facilities on the CB before we got the package-- after touring it was not something we would use and decided against it.

Went into the eucupltys (SP) room and had my breath taken away it was that strong.

• 2 weeks later...
Is the thermal suite available on the Diamond?
Yes. It's $70/week for one person, $115/week for a couples pass, and $20 or $25 for a day pass - not $10.

I've always bought one so far, but I never use it enough, and on my last trip I discovered that the changing rooms, which are free to access, each have both a sauna and steam room. Next time I'll just use those and maybe treat myself to one day pass on a sea day.

I really enjoyed the Thermal area on the Diamond Princess. Used it every day and a big highlight was the rainfall shower after being in port all day.

The person traveling with me shared the "couples" pass so it made it more affordable. The stone loungers were nice and the sauna's were much cleaner than in the locker rooms.

Check it out in person when you board the ship. The spa's usually have tours of the treatment rooms and this area.

The Thermal Suite is one of my absolute favorite places on the ship...generally quiet and very relaxing. I am not much of a show person so many evenings after dinner or before a very late dinner I would head down and spend up to an hour. Great way to relax and BE on vacation. The one on the Diamond was really nice, but is under the basketball court and can be distracting. However I liked the layout on it a bit better than the one on the Emerald. However, going forward, I intend to always include it in my budget for a cruise.

S

I love it. Used it on the Island last year and am looking forward to using it on the Diamond this year. The warm stone loungers are divine and I love the steam room that is light steam, not heavy steam like other ones. However, I do apologize in advance if there are other people there because I am soooo relaxed on the stone loungers I have been known to start snoring.

Shelley

I took the thermal suite weekly pass or 10/day pass on 3 consecutive cruises. The first cruise I was absolutely thrilled with it. I even ended up becoming friendly with a couple of ladies that seemed to use the facilities at the same time. On the second cruise, which was Hawaii and very port intensive, I found it difficult to find the time each day so I felt I did not get my monies worth. On our last cruise, which was 10 days, I really had to push myself to get to the suite. I would say out of the 10 days, I used it on 5 days. It was then that I realized I was pressuring myself to get there and all that pressure took most of the pleasure out of the time I spent there. I tended to start rushing through the different options so I could get to the stone lounges. I started to convince myself that the steam rooms and sauna room were much too hot. Our last cruise was the Panama Canal and we took very long excursions in the ports and ended up too tired when we got back that I skipped the thermal suite then. I managed to get there on the 4 sea days. This was our first 10 day cruise and I was sure 10 days would be enough time to do whatever I wanted to do, but it was still not enough time.

Guess we have to move to a 12 or 14 day itinerary next. Hope that happens soon.

I took the thermal suite weekly pass or 10/day pass on 3 consecutive cruises. The first cruise I was absolutely thrilled with it. I even ended up becoming friendly with a couple of ladies that seemed to use the facilities at the same time. On the second cruise, which was Hawaii and very port intensive, I found it difficult to find the time each day so I felt I did not get my monies worth. On our last cruise, which was 10 days, I really had to push myself to get to the suite. I would say out of the 10 days, I used it on 5 days. It was then that I realized I was pressuring myself to get there and all that pressure took most of the pleasure out of the time I spent there. I tended to start rushing through the different options so I could get to the stone lounges. I started to convince myself that the steam rooms and sauna room were much too hot. Our last cruise was the Panama Canal and we took very long excursions in the ports and ended up too tired when we got back that I skipped the thermal suite then. I managed to get there on the 4 sea days. This was our first 10 day cruise and I was sure 10 days would be enough time to do whatever I wanted to do, but it was still not enough time.

Guess we have to move to a 12 or 14 day itinerary next. Hope that happens soon.

Hehe, I'm there with you. Unfortunately, I just did a 14 day and managed to hit the suite only 3 times - all on the last 3 days, mainly because I didn't want to feel I had wasted my pass. I do enjoy it, but, like you, I end up with the nagging feeling I should be using it even when I'm enjoying myself doing other things.:D

That's why, next time, I'll just buy a day pass, and use the regular mens sauna and steamroom on other days.

We jut got back from the coral in Alaska and there was no day pass offered.

We paid $199 for a couple for 7 days plus a rasul treatment.

We went 4 times and while it was nice, I wouldn't do it again. The rasul was definitely not worth the extra $$.

Amy

Archived