Manhattan Port - carry on details

mmcruise

I'm considering carrying on both of our pieces of luggage but I've never been to the Manhattan Cruise Terminal and wondering what I might face when I get there. I won't get there till noon or so, so we wouldn't need to lug them around for too long before dropping at the room.

For someone who has been there, what obstacles might there be between check-in and my room, e.g.:

- Flight of stairs (about how many stairs)

- Narrow hallways

- Other difficulties

I just hate waiting for my luggage to come and I've heard too many horror stories. On our last cruise we sailed with people dressed head to toe in criuse line wear; it was the 3rd day and their bag had not yet come. It's a short cruise so I want to be ready to go right away.

Thanks in advance!

PS-both have wheels and they clip together so they're pretty easy to maneuver.

Yes - it has to fit in the xray, and you have to make sure that it's not even CLOSE to being the size of the dimensions that are the max. We ended up having to check a piece that would have fit through the machine because they refused to put it through, and said it had to be checked.

My bigger piece of luggage is well within the limits but it is definitely bigger than your average airline carry-on. I think it would fit in the x-ray with no problem but it looks big.

Nobody seems to have the same information as the website, even the CSR from Carnival, so I may have to take a deep breath and kiss it goodbye, and hope it comes back to me later.

It has to do with the mood of the folks working at the port that day, more than anything else. They said to my husband somehting along the lines of: If we allow you to carry that on, then everyone will want to carry that size on...

Archived