Roberts Excursions

travelynn

Hello all,

I have seen elsewhere on this board many high recommendations for Roberts excursions on the various Hawaiin islands. I got on their website to look at their offerings and discovered that the first thing I am asked to do is put in the name of our ship from a choice of about 6. Unfortunately, we are sailing on the Serenade of the Seas October 3 as part of the ship's respositioning for fall and winter, and Hawaii is a one-time cruise on the way. The Serenade is not among the choices on the website. Next, I called the phone number listed and was told that if a ship's name was not on the list, then at this time the company did not provide tour services to that ship, which seemed really bizarre for a business to say or do. With 2,500 people on the ship, I am certain that they could generate significant business from that cruise.

Have any of you readers ever run into this previously? Is there a chance that individual ships get added to the list closer to the time of the cruise? Is there any way to book a particular date and tour with Roberts without going through the website? I even asked the person I was talking to what other ships might be in Maui and Hilo on the days we were, and she had no idea.

Help!

Lynn

Hello all,

I have seen elsewhere on this board many high recommendations for Roberts excursions on the various Hawaiin islands. I got on their website to look at their offerings and discovered that the first thing I am asked to do is put in the name of our ship from a choice of about 6. Unfortunately, we are sailing on the Serenade of the Seas October 3 as part of the ship's respositioning for fall and winter, and Hawaii is a one-time cruise on the way. The Serenade is not among the choices on the website. Next, I called the phone number listed and was told that if a ship's name was not on the list, then at this time the company did not provide tour services to that ship, which seemed really bizarre for a business to say or do. With 2,500 people on the ship, I am certain that they could generate significant business from that cruise.

Have any of you readers ever run into this previously? Is there a chance that individual ships get added to the list closer to the time of the cruise? Is there any way to book a particular date and tour with Roberts without going through the website? I even asked the person I was talking to what other ships might be in Maui and Hilo on the days we were, and she had no idea.

Help!

Lynn

There are two "Robert's Hawaii " of which we used in Jan of this year.

Try this site http://www.robertshawaii.com/

They are very reasonable, knowledgable and proffessional.

Thank you for the alternate website, Addictedtwo. It appears this one is for land based travelers while the other site is specifically for cruisers. We do have enough time in Maui to do one of their tours, though their Hilo tour doesn't look as if it will fit the time we have. This is apparently a newer website.

Thank you for the alternate website, Addictedtwo. It appears this one is for land based travelers while the other site is specifically for cruisers. We do have enough time in Maui to do one of their tours, though their Hilo tour doesn't look as if it will fit the time we have. This is apparently a newer website.

Your correct! We used Roberts while staying in Waikiki and the other Roberts from the ship.

The other alternative is to just get off the ship and look for tours at each pier.

All the tour companies are there with booths and just confirm that they will be back in time.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Archived