Hi from a first timer

maloy

Ive been lurking on these boards for a few weeks now and thought it was time I said Hi. So Hi!!!

I booked our first cruise for next year. It will be the honeymoon we never had while celebrating our 15th anniversary :D. I sure am glad I found this board, I am a member of a forum just like this for Disney called the DIS Boards. There is so much valuable info on here, thanks to all. My head is still spinning with all the info. I'm sure I will have questions soon, but I wanted to introduce myself first. Well as my signature shows we are sailing on the Carnival Pride from Miami for a 7-day western Caribbean cruise. (the Pride is moving next year. fyi)

I noticed that this ship wasn't one that was recommended for first timers. I hope that it will be a good boat. Well thats it for now. I will continue to post as it gets closer to the date and as questions arise.

Welcome !! I have found these boards to be a great source of information:D

Don't forget to also check out your "posts of call" boards for more info!;)

Ive been lurking on these boards for a few weeks now and thought it was time I said Hi. So Hi!!!

I booked our first cruise for next year. It will be the honeymoon we never had while celebrating our 15th anniversary :D. I sure am glad I found this board, I am a member of a forum just like this for Disney called the DIS Boards. There is so much valuable info on here, thanks to all. My head is still spinning with all the info. I'm sure I will have questions soon, but I wanted to introduce myself first. Well as my signature shows we are sailing on the Carnival Pride from Miami for a 7-day western Caribbean cruise. (the Pride is moving next year. fyi)

I noticed that this ship wasn't one that was recommended for first timers. I hope that it will be a good boat. Well thats it for now. I will continue to post as it gets closer to the date and as questions arise.

Welcome to CC and welcome to cruising! It really doesn't matter which ship you're on for your first cruise. It will be the most memorable of all your cruises to come.

I agree with you that this board is AWESOME! I found it prior to my first cruise also. I felt so much better about the whole planning thing.

So, ask away and you'll get some of the best answers that you can find anywhere.

The Pride will be a Great ship to sail on for First timers, its a Spirit Class ship and I have sailed on Pride 2 or 3 times now... you will totally enjoy her, she is bigger then the Fantasy Class ships and smaller then the Conquest class ship, everyone love this ship because it the perfect size for the amount of people onboard her. Also she has 2 decks (floors) that will take you from the front to the back so the layout is sweet.

Fred

The Pride was my first cruise and she is still my favorite!!!!!! I read everything I could possibly read before cruising and the experience was wonderful. I know you'll have a great cruise!!!

Welcome to CC Maloy, glad to have you here.

Ask away, someone will always have the answer you are looking for. I also don't think any ship is a bad ship for first timers.

Enjoy but remember you will be hooked, not only on CC but on cruising. You will have the addiction problem like the rest of us do.

Happy Anniversary!!!

I also lurked on here for a while before I took the plunge. The information here is amazing. Be sure to let us know all about your cruise when you return. We are thinking of booking Pride so as to get our cruise fix before we sail on Victory in Feb. Welcome!

Welcome Maloy! I'm on Disboards too. You will find it just as much fun here as there! And if you are an obsessive planner (which real Disney fan isn't?) you will find a wealth of info!

Welcome to Cruise Critic, maloy!! It's about time you unlurked!!!

This place is really wonderful. If you can't get an answer to your question here there's not an answer to get!

Strap in and get ready for a great ride! You'll meet a TON of wonderful, knowledgeable folk here!!

Mach

Welcome, maloy. I joined disboards (under a different name) last year because I thought we would return to Disney again after not going there for ten years. After reading that board a lot I couldn't decide when to go....seemed like Disney was always crowded...or hot AND crowded. So I decided to book another cruise for us this year, after not cruising in a number of years either. I must have forgot how much fun a cruise was! Disney is off our radar now -- we want another cruise! If you take a cruise you'll forget all about the mouse!

Welcome! and Congrats on booking your first cruise :)

We took our first cruise last year for our 15th wedding anniversary on the Destiny and loved it! We got so hooked that we decided to drag a bunch of friends and family on their first cruise and have a group booked for a back to back in November/December on the Freedom.

Welcome Maloy....

I, too, am a first-time cruiser. I'm going in 100 days WOO HOO!!

Every time I have put in a question here, I have gotten great answers. Enjoy it! Make sure you go and see if there is a roll call for your specific cruise date and start making friends even before you get there if you wish!

Enjoy!!

Welcome to CC. You will learn a great deal of information here. Since you have over a year until your cruise you will become well read in what you need to know.

As jaja said make sure to check out the port of call boards. There's a wealth of information there.

Archived