Do you think the Beehive is back in?

Thank you for the cute compliment Jane. I don't take cute pills per say, but sometimes I do have a couple of my kids "Gumi-Vites" (Gumi Bear Vitamins with Calcium)

The Black Dress with the red bow is one of my new dresses I got at Ross for $8? I think it will probably find its way into the suitcase for the next cruise.

I also have to say that I agree with you about Ms Minx's not so beehive beehive. It looks great, and I love the picture, but it "aint no beehive" Too pretty to be a beehive. Here's an Amy Winehouse beehive:

amy-winehouse-cancels-tour.jpg

My 2 daughters at my wedding 2 months ago. In Aust anything "vintage" is so in. There hair was wonderful and was done by an apprentice of "Mr Tizzy Wizzy'. They looked fantastic and loved dressing up like that.

10zwhmc.jpg

20oxn5.jpg

From the back

Cruise Arizona, MsMinx, and anniemike~ Great Photos! :)

Love Amy Winehouse's music, her beehive always looks like it had a hard night (probably has)....

Kate Pierson is awesome, loved B-52's Love Shack!

I'am a hair stylist, and trust me, the once a week, teased to the max, half a can of hairspray ladies are still out there. Honestly, they come in weekly for a shampoo/ set, and are always saying "my heads been itchy" . DO YA THINK? Could you wash that mess now and then?

Not me, Suzanne. I copied this from an article in the Washington Post about Baltimore's HonFest. (if you right click on the photo and go to properties, you'll see the link). Did you see the video in my other link? Too funny. Happens every year here. :D

And which one of these ladies is you???

That is a cute picture, because these ladies are being funny with those wigs, glasses and fashions. too cute.

I used to wear a beehive when my hair was long. They were aweful!

Once a week I would have it done and then sleep in a satin bonnet every night. :eek:

I think they look awful now...:D

I watched Hairspray again last night, the 2007 musical version. I did notice for the first time how many times they said the word "Hon". I love the dresses, especially the floral prints.

The hair in the original 1980's version of the movie was a lot more over the top than in this version. I seem to remember Debbie Harry's beehives being huge.

The Beehive must have been the thing in Baltimore in the 60's. I guess the over done do with all the hair spray might have been the only do to survive the humidity?

Debbie Harry's hair was insane! :D Yes, the beehive was extremely popular in parts of Baltimore in the 60's. I'm not sure the humidity had anything to do with the hairspray, because it's a lot more humid now and beehives are pretty much non-existent.

And, the hairspray had to be Aqua Net, hon! Felt like shellac! Although my mother never had a beehive, she did use Aqua Net and her hair would be hard as a rock :D!

Suzanne...you may really like this one. ;)

When I was teaching, one of the other teachers wore a bee hive. One day it was extremely windy when the teacher's bell rang signaling we could leave. Bee Hive Betty left and we all ran to the window to see what would happen to it........................NOTHING!!!:D :D Must have been all that Aqua Net.:p

"Bee Hive Betty" - absolutely hysterical! :D :D :D

When I was teaching, one of the other teachers wore a bee hive. One day it was extremely windy when the teacher's bell rang signaling we could leave. Bee Hive Betty left and we all ran to the window to see what would happen to it........................NOTHING!!!:D :D Must have been all that Aqua Net.:p

I bought two kinds of Hairspay for the recital, not know what would work the best. Somehow when we got everything all packed up from the show neither can of hairspray made it into my bags. I needed some hairspray because the kids and I had a little show at the Veteran's hospital yesterday. I went up the little pharmacy in town. The only kink they had was Aqua Net. I thought "what could be better for holding hair back in a dancer's bun?" So I now am a proud owner of a can of Aqua Net. I haven't tried it with a real hair do yet, but it works well for a bun!

Archived