TIPPING Etiquette when visiting specialty dining rooms...

I'm curious about this comment. Why does ordering a bottle of wine make you feel more inclined to tip extra? You're paying 15% on top of the inflated cost of that wine already. I'm not against tipping extra if you want to; I was just surprised by that reasoning. We ordered a bottle of wine in Portofino, and somehow, paying $40 + an automatic $6 tip for a $15 wine is not what would have inspired me to tip extra.

I guess we just feel that adding wine service to our meal prompts an additional tip, I dunno. I realize the wine is indeed inflated.

Never really thought about it before.

What i see on these tipping threads are people acting pompous and running around with pockets full of dollar bills tipping everyone as if they are poor and hungry and need a handout, charity. I am an advicator of including the service charge in the cruise fare and upping the fare accordingly.

I agree. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by cruisePRN viewpost.gif

What i see on these tipping threads are people acting pompous and running around with pockets full of dollar bills tipping everyone as if they are poor and hungry and need a handout, charity. I am an advicator of including the service charge in the cruise fare and upping the fare accordingly.

I agree too: then the tip-skippers would finally be cornered, and the above-and-beyond tippers could still have their fun.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cruisePRN viewpost.gif

I agree too: then the tip-skippers would finally be cornered, and the above-and-beyond tippers could still have their fun.

I really don't care about the people who skip on the tips, it's none of my business, it's RCL's problem to solve, I have enough problem solving in my job. I prefer the all inclusive for my own convenience. When we sailed on X's xpedition the tips and soda and booze were all inclusive. I don't drink alcohol but it didn't bother me it was included in my fare. The staff wouldn't take any extra tips, they apparently felt happy in their jobs. the service was over the top so apparently the traditional way of tipping at the end didn't need to happen to have such great service. It was one of the best cruises ever and i highly recommend it.

I really don't care about the people who skip on the tips, it's none of my business, it's RCL's problem to solve, I have enough problem solving in my job. I prefer the all inclusive for my own convenience. When we sailed on X's xpedition the tips and soda and booze were all inclusive. I don't drink alcohol but it didn't bother me it was included in my fare. The staff wouldn't take any extra tips, they apparently felt happy in their jobs. the service was over the top so apparently the traditional way of tipping at the end didn't need to happen to have such great service. It was one of the best cruises ever and i highly recommend it.

Whatever. Can't please everyone on a tipping thread.

Archived