Best and cheapest way to upgrade???

You veteran cruisers have been so helpful as I prepare our family for our 1st cruise in December. I called our TA for a room upgrade from Ocean View to Balcony and it was $150/pp/night. A bit expensive, so at this point I am satisfied w/ our view. Is this a typical price? Should we wait till we get closer to our cruising date? Should we do it once on board? Oh, so many questions!!! Thanks in advance for your help!

You could check when your cruise gets closer and possibly prices will go down, however that hasn't been my experience. These cruises typically sell out and therefore, if you want a balcony I would grab it. The the price by chance were to decrease you could always request a credit...If you are happy with an oceanview then stick with it. That's about as vague as I can be...LOL:p :eek:

You veteran cruisers have been so helpful as I prepare our family for our 1st cruise in December. I called our TA for a room upgrade from Ocean View to Balcony and it was $150/pp/night. A bit expensive' date=' so at this point I am satisfied w/ our view. Is this a typical price? Should we wait till we get closer to our cruising date? Should we do it once on board? Oh, so many questions!!! Thanks in advance for your help![/quote']

A balcony cabin doesn't cost $150/pp/night let alone an upgrade to one. I'm sure your TA meant $150/pp.

A balcony cabin doesn't cost $150/pp/night let alone an upgrade to one. I'm sure your TA meant $150/pp.

lol that's our duck.

OP, if prices on your cruise drop, then you can consider asking for an upgrade instead of taking the money. I got upgraded last Sept that way on RCL, they still owed me money the price dropped so much.

Archived