Pier Upgrade

charlielinda

Once we upgraded at the Pier paying a much lower rate -- is it possible to upgrade the day before by calling someone? Just curious?:)

Hi Basket Lady !

Good Question. From all of my previous experiences, I have never been able to "upgrade" prior to the day of the Cruise. At this point, I am sure it is not an option.

I have thought about this for quite some time, and I am going to post it here.

I really do wish that Celebrity would make that an option, perhaps, a few days before the Cruise.

Here is how I would do it :

Elite Member - Allow Upgrade 7 days prior to sail date.

Select Member - Allow Upgrade 4 days prior to sail date.

Classic Member - Allow Upgrade 2 days prior to sail date.

I think it would make a GREAT Captains Club perk. We can hope that Celebrity will look into it in the future !

Comments are Welcome !

Regards,

Andy

We are sailing on the Millie 11/28 in a CC cabin. We are happy with our choice but willing to take a chance on a upgrade to a sky suite at the pier. How does Celebrity handle the upgrades? Do you ask at the pier co- ordinators desk or wait until you get on the ship and ask at guest relations? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Lisa

We are sailing on the Millie 11/28 in a CC cabin. We are happy with our choice but willing to take a chance on a upgrade to a sky suite at the pier. How does Celebrity handle the upgrades? Do you ask at the pier co- ordinators desk or wait until you get on the ship and ask at guest relations? Any advice would be much appreciated.

abbafan

You will have to wait until on board to ask. They will have a better idea of available cabins and price, on the next day, after boarding. :)

PS, love ABBA, if that is what name means? :D

Ok, Cruise Andy, another GTY question. I have mentioned this to Rick, but let me see wht you think. Changed my room to GTY last Friday& saved $720 for 2. When I log in, the room is already assigned. It is on the 1st floor, the last room in the back of the ship!!! My TA says that will change when you get closer to sailing. So does everyone get this room before they assign the room? Is this right or have they assigned me this room?! This is the first time I have done an Inside GTY. Thanks for your insight.

Ok, Cruise Andy, another GTY question. I have mentioned this to Rick, but let me see wht you think. Changed my room to GTY last Friday& saved $720 for 2. When I log in, the room is already assigned. It is on the 1st floor, the last room in the back of the ship!!! My TA says that will change when you get closer to sailing. So does everyone get this room before they assign the room? Is this right or have they assigned me this room?! This is the first time I have done an Inside GTY. Thanks for your insight.

Once it's assigned, it's yours. Anything is possible, but I think your T/A is mistaken if he or she tells you that it "will change." It might change, but I wouldn't bet on it. If you are not happy with the cabin you've been assigned, you should pay the difference to upgrade to one you'd prefer.

abbafan

You will have to wait until on board to ask. They will have a better idea of available cabins and price, on the next day, after boarding. :)

This is not true - if you wait until you board I can almost guarantee you there will be no upgrades available. You must check in first on the pier, than ask your "check-in clerk" where the upgrade desk is and she will tell you. It is usually at the far end of the pier check-in stations. Good Luck.

I thought it was wierd to get an assigned cabin immediately. What are the chances of getting the very worst cabin on the ship? It's ok, I know I took that chance. I guess I will wait a few weeks and then pay to upgrade, if they will let me.

I sailed on the Millenium last March and the upgrades are done onboard. You must check with Guest Services immediately upon boarding the ship. They will have a list of upgrade offerings and the fixed price for each catagory. For instance, I was in a Concierge Class cabin and it would have cost us $2500 to upgrade to the Royal Suite. No Sky Suites were available (they are the least expensive suite and usually the first to sell out or go in the rush to upgrade). A family right in front of us upgraded from two connecting concierge cabins to the Penthouse but I did not find out the final cost to them.

No one took the Royal Suite so they did take bids. They called our cabin on the second day and accepted our offer of $1000. Since there were signifigant problems with the Concierge Cabin we had (noise/toilet) the Hotel Manager comped us the upgrade and gave me a free massage in the spa. He was a very kind, responsive man. So was Gary the Concierge manager. We had a wonderful time in the Royal Suite and of course Celebrity comes out ahead because now I will only book a suite! (sky, but still a suite) And I have sent them four families that normally sail on Princess and RCCL. They have all loved it. My parents are trying celebrity this February. I sail again in April!

This is not true - if you wait until you board I can almost guarantee you there will be no upgrades available. You must check in first on the pier, than ask your "check-in clerk" where the upgrade desk is and she will tell you. It is usually at the far end of the pier check-in stations.

That all depends on, from what port that you sail from. Not all ports have a up-grade desk, most of the time we are told to ask on board. :)

BasketLady: Thanks for letting me cut in here!

I have changed my room. The TA was wrong & Rick was right. I called Celebrity and she said that was my room number. If I wanted to change it that is what your TA is for. She gave me a few room numbers that were available. TA changed it for me and I am still $$$ head and much more content. Penthouse deck, inside, midship. Thanks for the help.

BasketLady: Thanks for letting me cut in here!

I have changed my room. The TA was wrong & Rick was right. I called Celebrity and she said that was my room number. If I wanted to change it that is what your TA is for. She gave me a few room numbers that were available. TA changed it for me and I am still $$$ head and much more content. Penthouse deck, inside, midship. Thanks for the help.

Hi Snowey !

I am sorry I didnt have a chance to respond to your original post, but I was going to suggest you call your TA, or Captains Club to see if they could assist.

As others have said, I was sure that was indeed your room assignment, (and it was), but.... a good TA and/or Captains Club can sometimes make you happier. I am happy to see that your TA was able to come through for you.

Even if they could not, you saved alot of $$$, and that in itself, is a really great deal.

I am very happy to see it all worked out for you !

Enjoy your cruise !

Regards,

Andy

To All! A Big Thank You. Isn't the power of the internet Awesome!

Hi Snowey !

You bet it is ! I think this is a great place to get your Cruise questions answered. We certainly try our best !

Regards,

Andy

Here is my experience with an "upgrade" prior to sailing: As I was on the documents to board section (X web site) just checking out if my info was correct, I noticed that my cabin was changed! Not by my TA, but by X. It was a cabin that I did not want, as I specifically chose the cabin I wanted. (one with a larger balcony on deck 6, starboard side). I immediately called my TA. She called X. X told her that they gave me an "upgrade" to deck 7, portside. (smaller balcony). It was very important that we have starboard side, as this was a cruise around the horn, from BA to Santiago. X said, sorry, we have no cabins left on starboard. After much ado, we were given a real upgrade to starboard on deck 8, a nice 1A cabin, mid ship. So.....X can change your cabin and give you what they deem as an upgrade. Now, I check my documentation every day to see if there are any unwanted changes in cabins. We have 3 future cruises booked.

Here is my experience with an "upgrade" prior to sailing: As I was on the documents to board section (X web site) just checking out if my info was correct, I noticed that my cabin was changed! Not by my TA, but by X. It was a cabin that I did not want, as I specifically chose the cabin I wanted. (one with a larger balcony on deck 6, starboard side). I immediately called my TA. She called X. X told her that they gave me an "upgrade" to deck 7, portside. (smaller balcony). It was very important that we have starboard side, as this was a cruise around the horn, from BA to Santiago. X said, sorry, we have no cabins left on starboard. After much ado, we were given a real upgrade to starboard on deck 8, a nice 1A cabin, mid ship. So.....X can change your cabin and give you what they deem as an upgrade. Now, I check my documentation every day to see if there are any unwanted changes in cabins. We have 3 future cruises booked.

How do you check on-line for you booking information on X?

Hi Tom. Go to the X site, click on documents to board, enter the necessary info ( Booking number, Ship, Name, and date. That will take you to your basic booking info such as cabin, etc.

Who you doing trivia with this trip/

Ed

Archived