Santos Disembarkation question

mike@sea

Does anyone have any experience with disembarking in Santos?

Will there eventually be long lines due to immigration and visa requirements for US citizens? If yes, are there different immigration lines for those that need to have visas and those that do not?

Are taxis available or hard to get? Is it advisable to pre-arrange transportation to the int. airport ( GRU ) or is it cheaper and easy to just grab a cab at the pier?

Any possible risk of missing a 2:40 p.m. international flight out of GRU on a saturday when ship is due to dock in Santos at 07:00 a.m. ( not likely it comes in late due to distance from previous port )

Thank´s for your thoughts, experiences and suggestions!

Does anyone have any experience with disembarking in Santos?

Will there eventually be long lines due to immigration and visa requirements for US citizens? If yes, are there different immigration lines for those that need to have visas and those that do not?

Are taxis available or hard to get? Is it advisable to pre-arrange transportation to the int. airport ( GRU ) or is it cheaper and easy to just grab a cab at the pier?

Any possible risk of missing a 2:40 p.m. international flight out of GRU on a saturday when ship is due to dock in Santos at 07:00 a.m. ( not likely it comes in late due to distance from previous port )

Thank´s for your thoughts, experiences and suggestions!

From where your ship is coming from? Did your cruise called other brazilian port before Santos? If so, the immigration will be quite easy.

The dissembarking will not start before 8 am. You can find taxis outside the terminal.Travel time about 90 minutes.

Wotan

The cruise starts in Buenos Aires ( Radiance o.t.S ) goes down to the horn back again towards Santos. The last stop before Santos is another Brazilian port named Portobelo.

So you may not have problems and delays in Santos, because the ship and the passengers have been cleared in Imbituba (2 hour stop).

The itinerary doesn´t mention Imbituba yet, but if that´s what is needed to clear the ship for Santos it sounds good to me. Thank´s for the information. With roundabout 2 hour transfer to the Guarulhos we should have plenty of time anyways to catch our early afternoon flight back home. Thank´s for your information.

Any thoughts about pre ordering a taxi or just getting it at the pier?

The itinerary doesn´t mention Imbituba yet, but if that´s what is needed to clear the ship for Santos it sounds good to me. Thank´s for the information. With roundabout 2 hour transfer to the Guarulhos we should have plenty of time anyways to catch our early afternoon flight back home. Thank´s for your information.

Any thoughts about pre ordering a taxi or just getting it at the pier?

I always get a taxi to drive me home in São Paulo at a Taxi Stand in front of the passenger terminal, to left side. Last February I paid about R$ 180 (aprox. US$ 80)

Archived