Coast Guard making cruise changes?? Conquest 4/17/05

ctcruisers2005

Have a group cruise planned on Conquest for April 2005

We got a call from TA about the USCG asking that a cabin change be made.

It was a triple located next to a double (parents next to kids)????

Are we getting jerked around???

HELP

Tell the TA to have CCL call you direct and then you will talk about what catagory you are being upgraded to..

Actually, have the TA fax or email you the "USCG" request in writing also.

Steve

You're all such doubting Thomas'. Carnival is making changes to several cabins on the newer ships to add edditional beds to accommodate more people. You know there's very few quads and triples on these ships which makes it harder for families to book so they're adding beds to them.

Actually, the TA said the USCG was moving triple cabins for safety reasons. Being moved from 1 triple to another triple on the same deck. It breaks up a family with pre-assigned cabins. I don't know why. TA will not forward copy of the email from the USCG requesting the changes. The whole thing is very vague and frustrating. Surely, this must have affected other cruisers on this sailing: Carnival Conquest New Orleans April 16-24, 2005?:confused:

You're all such doubting Thomas'. Carnival is making changes to several cabins on the newer ships to add edditional beds to accommodate more people. You know there's very few quads and triples on these ships which makes it harder for families to book so they're adding beds to them.

So, Legend, what exactly does that have to do with inventing a Coast Guard story?:confused:

Yes. They will not speak to me. They have an "agreement" with the TA, who by the way, is not returning phone calls. Can we bump this TA and not have to pay their $75pp fee? We are NOT HAPPY with them.

ps I called the Coast Guard. Operations never heard of such a thing. I left an email in the other dept (that deals with commerical vessels. 1 week=no return phone call.) HELP!

I am assuming the $75 fee is your travel agent imposed fee. You can call Carnival or any other travel agent and have them take over handling your booking. Personally I would since the whole story sounds very fishy and I would not be entirely trusting of this agent. I think that $75 is a small price to pay for piece of mind.

Archived