Travel Insured International

emptynest1

Yes, they always seem to come out on top when you use the web site that compares travel insurance. I've bgt. 2 policies w/them, but have yet to take the trips and of course, have not made any claims. They seem to allow way more for medical evacuation than the others, and compare favorably on all other features. I'd also like to hear from someone who may have made a claim w/them.

EN, most trip insurance isn't as expensive as Celebrity's.

If you haven't already, check out insuremytrip.com

You'll be able to compare coverages & prices for many different policies.

Thanks Usha, I will do that.

I hope no one needed to use this insurance, but would love to hear if you did and how claims were done.

I know that our Jan Cruz has posted several times about her DH having a very serious medical emergency and had to have him airlifted back to the US from Mexico or S A , and there was a whole thread about collecting from insurance. Instead of Cruise Cr. Search which is often down or faulty, Google the question on collecting from Trip insurance should get lots of hits!!:)

I have used Travel Insured for a number of cruises. I did have 2 separate medical claims (ship's medical facility) with them & they paid very quickly. Be aware that their medical insurance used to be PRIMARY, but has recently changed to SECONDARY. That means you have to file under your own private insurance first, before Travel Insured will pay the claim. I understand that you can still get the Primary Coverage, but there is an additional charge for that.

I'm very happy with Travel Insured. I found them through USAA and had to file a claim after I took a bad fall. They reimbursed me promptly, no questions asked. I recommend them whenever I can and use them whenever I travel!

Liz

Archived