AVALON Budapest Tours Question

MSEm

I will be arriving in Budapest 2 days early.

I need to know what tours are included in Avalon's Tour. I would like to know any included tours and any optional tours. I want to avoid doing any of the Avalon offered tours during our 2 "free" days in Budapest.

Where do you board the Avalon River Vessel in Budapest. Is it in Budapest or a long drive out of the city?

Thanks for the help.

Emily

A friend of mine is cruising with Avalon in July and will also be doing a few days in Budapest before the cruise departs. Her travel agent booked them into the Mecure on the Pest side of the river and that will be only a very short walk to where the ships docks. Hope this info helps.

Thanks, it does help to know the river vessel will be in Budapest. On some companies the river vessels are docked outside of Budapest.

I will plan to do a tour that takes us the the towns and villiages outside of Budapest.

Also I am still trying to figure out what is really included in Avalon's included tour of Budapest.

I received a booklet showing the optional tours.

Thanks for all the help.

MSEM

The ship should be anchored a block or so away from the main shopping area in on the Pest side ... that's where we were several weeks ago.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

What were the included tours for Budapest.

I have a list of the optional tours.

We have 2 completely free days as we arrive 2 days early for the trip.

Thanks for the info.

MSEm

Our trip, Magnificent Europe, ended in Budapest. Our included tour was a bus trip to the Hero's Square, a ride through the Pest area including a close look at the Parliament Building. Then we headed to the Buda side for a trip up Castle Hill. There we saw the Fisherman's Bastion, St. Matthias Church, and other things there.

Have you looked on Avalon's website? They often list what the optionals are and sometimes have the inlcuded information.

Wish I could help you more ...

Thanks for the info on your Budapest tour. WE may just pass on the included tour. We arrive on June 18 and plan to go to the Castle district on Jun 19. We will probably take a tour to places outside of Budapest on June 20 and then spend June 21 and 22 in Budapest.

We will probably take 1 or 2 of the optional tours in Budapest.

We are on the Blue Danbue going from Budapest to Nuremburg and then bus to Prague for 3 nights.

Thanks again,

MSEm

We took the same trip last Sept. It was fantastic. The Avalon "included tour" did a nice job showing us what the cities (Buda and Pest) had to offer. Then we bought a two day public transportation pass and had a ball getting lost all over. We went everyplace we could find. There's enough in both cities to keep you busy for a month. At the other end we did almost the same thing in Prague. We walked a little more there. We always felt safe,the people were nice. If you went a few blocks from the main streets prices were much better. They were not hesitant to charge top dollar in the regualar tourist areas. Have a great time

Dan

I will be arriving in Budapest 2 days early.

I need to know what tours are included in Avalon's Tour. I would like to know any included tours and any optional tours. I want to avoid doing any of the Avalon offered tours during our 2 "free" days in Budapest.

Where do you board the Avalon River Vessel in Budapest. Is it in Budapest or a long drive out of the city?

Thanks for the help.

Emily

Emily - If your bus tour through Hero's Square, past Parliament and finishing in the Castle District is in the morning you may want to get to the Buda side in the late afternoon for the most spectacular views of Pest and the Parliament. We walked across the Chain Bridge and took the funicular up to to this. We did two extra days in Budapest last October. Here's my post:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=645975

WIT

Thanks WIT and everyone for the great information. We leave Tuesday for Budapest and or scheduled to arrive 12:20 PM. I am sure we will have an early evening. WE hpe to go to the Danube Bend area 1 day and also go to the Railroad museum. Other things to do will be Wine House, Central Market (I have ordered for spices) and statue park.

I will give a report when we return.

Emily

Archived