Grand Suite 1060 on Radiance Class

Has anyone sailed in this cabin on any of the Radiance class ships? It is near the center and next to the elevator, but appears to have a huge balcony. We are booked in an owner's suite but the balcony looks so small, wondering if it is better to book the 1060 grand and get a smaller suite, but much alrger balcony. Any info would be a great help. thanks

Has anyone sailed in this cabin on any of the Radiance class ships? It is near the center and next to the elevator, but appears to have a huge balcony. We are booked in an owner's suite but the balcony looks so small, wondering if it is better to book the 1060 grand and get a smaller suite, but much alrger balcony. Any info would be a great help. thanks

I know that the OS balconies on Radiance are smaller compared to the GS balconies. I believe that the OS balconies are larger on Serenade and Jewel.

However, having never stayed in 1060 but having seen it and been on it...........the balcony is HUGE.

Only Brilliance of the Seas and Radiance of the Seas have the large balcony the other two Radiance class ships do not.

We were tavelling with friends who had the 1060 grand suite and the balcony is awsome.. loads of space for partying.

Hope his helps.

We stated in 1060 on Radiance last September. I have some photos in the link in my signature. The balcony is indeed gigantic, but I have to say that it wasn't what I hoped it would be - although size does matter, so does viewing. There's a sheer white metal wall on the forward side of the balcony (the elevators are on the other side of the wall), and that's what you see when you wake up in the morning. Also, the Captain insisted on waking us up at 7:00 with his "good morning, good morning, you should be getting up now" talk (I said many rude things in reply, although since I didn't have the benefit of a PA system, he didn't hear me) and there's a speaker on the balcony, so there was no escaping it.

As for privacy, well, the people in the OS next door can see you, as can the entire side of the ship when you're standing at the railing.

And there's a HUGE overhang over the entire balcony, which makes the cabin pretty dark, although I think that's a Deck 10 issue for most of the cabins.

On the plus side, you can't beat the convenience - mere steps from the elevator/stairwell, no noise at all from the Centrum. Our cabin steward was amazing, too. And the interior of the cabin is very nice, indeed.

thanks to all... it helped with our decision. we will stay with the larger suite. do not want to be awakened each morning by the captain and i do like my privacy on hte balcony... Love this website..

Archived