Destiny 7/27/08**Ques:Spa, Alcohol, Adults only deck, Suite?

bunnytravel

Hello Destiny Cruisers!!!

This is my first cruise and I have several questions that I'm hoping I can get helpful answers (no sacasm necessary).

1-Is Destiny Spa expensive?

2-I've seen so much about bringing alcohol on board, but is it better to just purchase alcohol from the Ship Terminal, than to bring it in your checked luggage?

3-Is there an adults only deck and is this actually respected?

4-I have a suite booked, 7164, is it true that the first minibar is free but after that you have to pay?

5-What extras (luxuries) come with booking a suite that lower CAT don't get?

6-Out of all ports, which one I can pass on and won't really be missing much?

All of your genuine comments/answers are welcome and appreciated.

Happy Cruising to All!!:D

Hello Destiny Cruisers!!!

This is my first cruise and I have several questions that I'm hoping I can get helpful answers (no sacasm necessary).

D

The minibar is not free :( not sure where you heard it, but the only thing you get with a suite is VIP embarkation, not much. just my opinion.

I have not had any embakation ports which sold liquor to carry on. If you buy in the ports you visit it will be held until the end of your cruise and then given back the last night.

Some stop in a liquor store on the way to the port before getting on the ship, is this what you meant?

There are a few adults only areas, but not much supervision. Dont count on the rules being enforced. Only Disney enforces the adults only area on their ships and on their beach they own. I dont know any other cruiselines who do. sorry.

The best spa specials are on port days, so you would have to miss the port or go out and shop and come back for a afternoon appointment in the spa.

Sounds like the answers are not going to be what you wanted to hear.

The cruise terminal in San Juan has a liquor store. When I was there last september I was able to buy liquor and put it in my carry on and take it on the ship. Now this does not represent a rules change by carnival but i just don't think they enforced it there. The liquor store is right by the entrance to the ship...after security and after check in...

Girldoc is correct.

After you check in and go upstairs there is a liquor store. Just outside the store is a cart where you can sample free shots.

Put whatever you buy in your carry-on.....nobody will say a word. Just don't be blatant about it.

The only time I've gone to the spa was on Destiny. Yes....it's expensive IMO. But no more expensive than the other ships.

The minibar is not free. The only perk with a suite is priority embark.

When I sailed Destiny, there was the funnel deck and adults only was respected. Now with the demise of the "funnel deck" I don't know about an adults only area.

The intinerary has changed since I went. But I can't think of an island to stay on the ship. They all have something to offer and you came all that way! Why not at least set foot on the island to say you've been there!

Have a great cruise!!

We were on the May 4 sailing of the Destiny. We were in Cat 11 cabin #7148.

While it is true the only "perk" you get with a Cat 11 is VIP boarding the suite itself is larger than the balcony cabins. You have much more closet and drawer space. There is also a seperate dressing/closet area with a nice lighted place to sit and apply makeup and all those things us girls have to do to look presentable. Also the bathroom is larger with marble sink/vanity area and a jacuzzi bath. I will warn you tho-there is not enough room in the jacuzzi for a romantic soak for 2-it is a standard size bathtub. The balcony is also a bit larger than the regular balcony cabins.

We were upgraded from a Cat 9 to a Cat 11 several years ago and now I am spoiled so when my hubby and I cruise we always book Cat 11. We did our annual girls cruise on the Holiday in April and I hated not having the room that the Cat 11 have.

The minibar is not free. But you can make a request to have the cabin steward empty it. I asked her to take all the sodas out except diet cokes and just keep it filled with diet cokes.

I think San Juan is the only embarkation port that I have visited that actually have liquor stores there in the terminal. And from what I saw they all offered free samples. Although we did not purchase or sample any (not big drinkers) I saw quite a few people purchasing and putting it in their carryons and they breezed thru the security and nothing was said.

You are going to have a great time on the Destiny. Make sure to check out the roll call for your sailing. And I highly recommend the tour with Cosol in St Lucia. Check out the destination section of Cruise Critic and you will see I am not the only one that loved Cosol-best tour we have ever taken.

Here is a link to the Destiny Member reviews, lots of great info there.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/getreviews.cfm?action=ship&ShipID=2

Feel free to ask any specific questions you have about the ship.

Here is a link to the Fleetwide Spa Menu

http://www.unofficialcarnivalwiki.com/wiki/Salon_and_Spa_Menu

Here is a link to the Destiny Member reviews, lots of great info there.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/getreviews.cfm?action=ship&ShipID=2

Feel free to ask any specific questions you have about the ship.

Here is a link to the Fleetwide Spa Menu

http://www.unofficialcarnivalwiki.com/wiki/Salon_and_Spa_Menu

WOW!!! Thanks for the links!!! Looks like I'll be having "in port" massages!! I didn't know there were Destiny only reveiws thanks for the heads up!!!

Archived