What do I need to know to make the Muster drill go as smooth as possible?

On our first 5 cruises we always rushed down there like good little doo-bee's only to stand for what seemed forever in the heat smashed up against the wall waiting for all the late shows to get there....so now we don't' hurry down we don't get there late but we sure have no interest in being the first ones there anymore. :D

It's always good to know exactly what time the muster is and where your muster station will be, that way you are prepared and don't waste time wandering around, clogging up the flow. Also, as others have said, just pay attention and do what they say and you should be out of there in no time!

And don't blow the whistle. It's disgusting. Alot of people think that they're sooo hilarious when they stand there tooting on the thing like they're the first ones to ever do it. Yeh it gets old! :D

Laura

On my last cruise, this woman kept yelling and insisting that she get to stand exactly where she wants because she was claustrophobic.....leave your personal problems at home...don't bring them with you on the trip, especially if you are going to start screaming at everyone.

Would LOVE to be with her in an emergency! Not! Can't imagine how someone who is claustrophobic would actually be on a cruise (since she would not be able to get off!)

Does anyone happen to know where the muster station is for a deck 10 aft stateroom?

On the Voyager class, the very aft cabins (both balconies and insides) have the very last muster station outside on the promenade deck.

Like others have said just pay attention and do as they ask, it is for your own safety, believe me when it is the "real thing" you will be glad that you did. We were on a ship that caught fire and we were glad that we knew what to do and where to go. When it is the real thing you would not believe how quiet everyone is and how much they pay attention then!

I might add that at no time during the real muster station alarm did we feel unsafe the crew did a great job and everyone of them knew what to do and did it, everytime we are at muster drill and hear people getting load, blowing the wistles, complaining etc I just want to yell be quiet you won't be like this if this were the real thing!!! Nothing like a 5 am wake-up to go to your Muster Station!

I am claustrophobic but no one around me would ever know that. I just stand where I am told and breathe. It is only 10 minutes or so. I can make it through that. A glass of wine before we go down does help!

On our first 5 cruises we always rushed down there like good little doo-bee's only to stand for what seemed forever in the heat smashed up against the wall waiting for all the late shows to get there....so now we don't' hurry down we don't get there late but we sure have no interest in being the first ones there anymore. :D

You can tell the experience cruisers by what time we arrive. Not late but just in time to be in front of line. I am short with no neck and that vest kills me!!However, I know the drill is important to all of us in case of emergency.

We're a family of 6 and my 60 year old father is very claustrophobic!! I think I read a long time ago that you can tell someone that works there and they will put you in the front line. Is this true and will they move the whole family? And what if he can't even handle wearing it around his neck? (he can't ride rides at amusement parks with the over the shoulder harnesses, he totally freaks out).

We're a family of 6 and my 60 year old father is very claustrophobic!! I think I read a long time ago that you can tell someone that works there and they will put you in the front line. Is this true and will they move the whole family? And what if he can't even handle wearing it around his neck? (he can't ride rides at amusement parks with the over the shoulder harnesses, he totally freaks out).

How would Dad handle it if there were an emergency and he had to put the vest on to save his life?

Show up on time with your floation device. Listen & follow the directions. Really is a safety instruction & to show you where to go. Only problem is when guests do not hurry down & queue up in the process. Makes the whole drill longer.

After the drill, be ready for sail-a-way....

I don't think a better answer could be written. The last cruise I was on someone started cursing at the Captain's announcement. I saw crew streaming that way. Never heard another peep.

are your cabins near each other? Adjoining?

We have always travelled in a large family group - and I seem to remember we got our own "line". But usually our cabins are adjoining.

Anyway - if your family is all in one line - or several of you are in a line - you can make sure your father is to the front.

This will be my 1st RCCL cruise in October on Enchantment and I'd like any tips on making the Muster Drill go as smoothly as possible.

If the weather is warm.........dress lightly as the life preserver can really sweat you up. Pay attention ( look at the chart behind your cabin door) know where you are going....it helps.

I couldn't agree more. Don't go when they first start announcing or you will pushed all the way to the back. Trust me there are a lot of people in your station. The captain started annoucing at 4:00 pm & we headed out at 4:15. We were the last one's there & the first out.

So YOU'RE the one who made the rest of us wait in that hot back row until you were good and ready. Thanks alot.

How bout if next time you come when you're called and then we can ALL get out of there sooner?

So YOU'RE the one who made the rest of us wait in that hot back row until you were good and ready. Thanks alot.

How bout if next time you come when you're called and then we can ALL get out of there sooner?

No kidding, people dragging their feet make it worse and longer for everyone else. It has a specific time on there for a reason, be courteous to your fellow passengers.

Our last cruise out of San Juan we had a guy in my muster station pass out from standing around in the heat. We of course were delayed waiting for stragglers.

We were lucky enough on one cruise our muster station was in the Schooner Bar...it was great especially considering it was Barcelona in late July. I felt bad for the people who had to stand outside (not bad enough to want to swap with them though).

I couldn't agree more. Don't go when they first start announcing or you will pushed all the way to the back. Trust me there are a lot of people in your station. The captain started annoucing at 4:00 pm & we headed out at 4:15. We were the last one's there & the first out.

I’d like to volunteer these type of people for the “man overboard“ drill.

Check to see where your muster station is located (back of your door has the information); for some cabins the drill is held inside in one of the lounges. If you will be outside and it is sunny; wear sunglasses and a hat; I also carry a water bottle in my pocket. Since I am claustrophobic we try to get near the front of the line which usually puts us in the sun.

It is amazing how many people talk through the drill instead of having respect for the crew and fellow passengers and listening to the announcements.

Kathy:)

Archived