Where should we eat in Port Canaveral???

We recently dined at Grills before sailing Mariner of the Seas. We also stayed at the Radisson.

It had great food and a fun atmosphere and you could watch the ships sail by as they left Port Canaveral just try and get there before 5 pm to see them. We enjoyed it and would go there again.

I have included a link to the restaurant.

http://visitgrills.com/

Enjoy!

Emmy :)

If you'll have a car, you can drive up to Titusville and go to Dixie Crossroads. It's been fabulous every time we've been there--so much so that I ordered and had shipped to our home several pounds of fresh (flash frozen) shrimp from their dockside processing facility. We've never heard anything but good reviews about Grills also.

beachchick

My wife and I stayed at the Best Western in Coco Beach. It's down AIA (Atlantic Ave) maybe two miles (if that) from the Raddison. We were in the courtyard for a Park and Cruise special but our room was on the second floor and we could see the beach and ocean from our window and out on the second floor balcany. We were a block from the Coco Beach peir and enjoyed dinner on the peir. We stayed an extra night after our cruise and on the peir Friday night there were a couple of guys out playing music. Outside at the little bar there they were serving whole lobster for $9 a peice, steamed shrimp for $3 a half pound and they had something else out there I can't remember what. We had the shrimp for an app while we listend to music and waited on our table. You can watch the cruise ships leave from there as well. Really a cool place.

My vote is for The Grills. It was the best pre cruise time. My dw and myself loved watching the ships leave as we sat enjoying drinks and dinner. They dont take reservations but if you call ahead they will put you on the waiting list. It is very close to the Raddison we stayed at. Have a great cruise.

If your sailing on the Mariner on Sunday, go to Grills around 3:00 p.m. on Saturday afternoon. The food and drinks are wonderful and at 4:00 p.m. you can watch the Glory and the Disney Ship sail. Grills will have a band outside on the patio and a patio by the water to watch the ships leave.

Mick

We ate at Grills the Saturday before our Mariner cruise and watched the Disney ship sail out of the port. It was exciting to see the ship pass so closely to where we were sitting! Although we had to wait quite a while for a table, Grills had a great bar menu and the meal (fresh fish) was excellent.

We also stayed at the Radisson and had breakfast at the little diner next door before we left for the port on Sunday. The food was good, but not great.

By the way, we loved our room at the Radisson. We got a suite with two king beds, whirlpool tub, and separate living room and kitchen. Plus, it had a distant view of the port so the first thing I saw in the morning was the Mariner!

With the Mariner sailing at 5, I'd think it might be cutting it a tad close to watch the other ships sail at 4 and still get back onboard the Mariner by final boarding time. Sounds like fun, but I'd be worried that something might happen at the last minute (traffic, bridge up, accident, etc.) and I'd miss sail-away on the beautiful Mariner!

beachchick

We ate at Grills prior to our Mariner sailing in August. We were not impressed at all. The place is very small and not real clean. I really don't like to share my food with flies. The portions were large but the "fresh" fish did not taste too fresh and was not well cooked. The sides were horrible.

We all felt the same way about this eatery - DH and 2 children ages 12 and 14 who all love to eat out. I have seen nothing but raves for Grills on Cruise Critic but I was not a well liked person for taking my family there!

Also, we went on Saturday at about 4:00 pm as suggested. No band. No ships. Nothing. All we saw was the wait staff celebrating someone's birthday and paying little to no attention to us or the other paying customers (few that they were) that were there. I would definitely not recommend Grills based on our experience.

With the Mariner sailing at 5, I'd think it might be cutting it a tad close to watch the other ships sail at 4 and still get back onboard the Mariner by final boarding time. Sounds like fun, but I'd be worried that something might happen at the last minute (traffic, bridge up, accident, etc.) and I'd miss sail-away on the beautiful Mariner!

beachchick

They are actually talking about 4'oclock on Saturday.Two other ships sail on Saturday.

Archived