Legend's ship time vs. shore time after Nov. 2

farjar

We will be sailing on the Carnival Legend Nov. 16th. It will be after to US goes off daylight savings time on Nov. 2nd. How will this affect local shore times in Grand Cayman, Cozumel & Belize. For example when the ship's information says we will dock in Cozumel at 10:00am, is this ship's time, shore time or are they the same. We've only cruised NCL before and they had us change our clocks so they matched port time. Does CCL do this too? We're trying to book some independent tours and need to figure out what will work. Any information will be sincerely appreciated. Thank you.

It will depend on the captain. Some change the time=most do not.

In my sailings only one time did the ship change time to reflect island time.

You MUST be aware of any changes if any--by reading the capers- and checking signs as you leave the ship.

if the paperwork says you are there at 10am-- its ALWAYS ship time. (even if the ship changes time)

if using a "GOOD" independent vendor-- they know the difference between ship time and shore time.

(we had a tour once when there were 3 ships in port-- we were the only ones that changed our time-- the other people did not-)

A couple of weeks ago on the Legend, the ship never changed time and always stayed on EDT. Now I don't know if that practice will be altered after Standard time take effect in November but I would guess it will not.

We did have a minor problem in GC due to the time difference - our independant operator said to meet at 9AM CDT but I overlooked the 'Central' part of that and arrived at 9AM ship's time - we were over an hour early for our tour.

I love this web site! I have always received very helpful information from the kind people who take the time to answer my questions and share their knowledge and experience. Thanks to everyone for responding to not only this inquiry but to others I have posted. It's very much appreciated.

Archived