Princess VS Royal

Sumy

Hello. My husband and I are pretty new to this...we've used cruise critic in the past (was very helpful when booking our honeymoon) and have found many opinions/experiences helpful. We are planning to visit Alaska in early September and have narrowed our choices between RCCL and Princess. We've been on Carnival and RCCL (weekend bahamas getaway) and Princess (Greek Isles & Mediterranean on Emerald) so the only real "cruise" experience I have is with Princess. We are both pretty young and want to travel as much as possible before we have children, so this trip really means a lot to us and we are trying to get the best deal/experience possible. We're looking into the Radiance Of The Seas (leaving Aug 29th) or the Coral (leaving Sept. 1). Because I don't get my vacation time until late August I'm stuck with the last week of august/first week of september. The price difference is maybe $300...So the money isn't really the issue...basically I would like to know which is best.

I truly appreciate any and all your opinions/advice :)

Are you also looking at touring the interior Alaska?? I highly recommend at the very least- you have at least a day extra. Also, a northbound trip.

Princess offers you more glacier viewing with two sailing days. Rci has Seward- IF you care to take advange of being there. Post their itineraries for further information.

Archived