Caribb. Princess - Yes Or No For Next Cruise

zelly2

Ship is beautiful to say the least. Biggest issues were daily lack of enforcement of posted NO SMOKING and reserving of chairs signs and total failure of managemt to responed to serious problems both on the ship and afterward.

We saw them enforce the chair rule and the smoking rule and also the no children in the adults pool on our sailing.

Also, one in our party had to leave the ship in St.Marten and every assitant puser and senior purser we dealt with on three different shifts, were very kind and helpful. They have an excellent staff. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Living on LI, do NOT fly Southwest to Islip. That airport is at least an hour and a half from the Brooklyn pier on a good travel day and it will cost you a fortune for transportation.

I would recommend flying into either LaGuardia or JFK and definitely come in at least a day before. We are notorious for the airports getting backed up here if there is a drizzle. Don't take a chance flying in the day of the cruise.

Super Shuttle is available at both airports, but I also can recommend two car services if you fly into either of those.

I am doing this cruise in September, so I can tell you more when I get back.

:rolleyes: What is the name of the car services you suggest. Also, may need to fly into Newark due to airfare cost. What are your thoughts on Newark or LGA or JFK --- car service or Supershuttle from airport to hotel and then back to airport after cruise.

Also, any names of good reasonable hotels we should check on for nite before cruise.

Thanks so much for your wonderful advice and kindness in helping others.

Thanks so much for all your replies. We are seriously considering the CB for mid Sept. out of NY -- hopefully weather will be good. Which month is best for Canada/New England?

You folks are great and I truly appreciate your kindness.;)

Mid Sept through October. Beautiful time of the year, with the leaves changing color.

As for the CB, excellent choice.

We are sailing on her again this August.

Archived