Unsubscribe to a thread

Murphey

The OP was taking a little sarcastic jab at themselves,insinuating that they were having a " less than intelligent" moment, and forgot how to utilize this feature on the board here. Why, what did you think it meant?:confused:

I really didn't know what it meant and that is why I asked. I haven't subscribed to any threads, I just read the boards. I didn't even know you COULD subscribe to certain threads, but I know there is one I would like to be able to put on ignore so it doesn't come up all the time! ;)

dyanalee: Whenever you post on a thread, you are then "subscribed". If you want to quickly find out if anyone answered your post you can go to Quick Links (above right next to Log Out) and click on Subscribed Threads. I have made a bookmark there, so I can quickly keep all the threads I'm interested in in one place. For instance, I can see my roll call threads and the main page threads in one place (the ones I have posted in). Or, if I was needing info on a port or whatever.

After a cruise is over, I really don't need to keepp track of certain threads. For instance if I was finding info about hotels in Rome through Cruise Critic and my cruise is now over, I can unsubscribe to that thread so I don't see it anymore on "my page". Hope this makes sense!!

I really didn't know what it meant and that is why I asked. I haven't subscribed to any threads, I just read the boards. I didn't even know you COULD subscribe to certain threads, but I know there is one I would like to be able to put on ignore so it doesn't come up all the time! ;)

Don't take offense, you had quoted the statement about "an intelligent person",wasn't sure what you were questioning. You didn't say anything about "subscribing" to posts, that 's all. If you have posted here, then you have subscribed to threads you posted on, just like Murphey stated, who by the way explained that perfectly, have a nice evening people:)

dyanalee: Whenever you post on a thread, you are then "subscribed". If you want to quickly find out if anyone answered your post you can go to Quick Links (above right next to Log Out) and click on Subscribed Threads. I have made a bookmark there, so I can quickly keep all the threads I'm interested in in one place. For instance, I can see my roll call threads and the main page threads in one place (the ones I have posted in). Or, if I was needing info on a port or whatever.

After a cruise is over, I really don't need to keepp track of certain threads. For instance if I was finding info about hotels in Rome through Cruise Critic and my cruise is now over, I can unsubscribe to that thread so I don't see it anymore on "my page". Hope this makes sense!!

Yes it does make sense and thank you for explaining it to me. I really never knew that before. I just come in and read the topics that I am interested in each day, I haven't bookmarked any because I didnt know you could. Now I do, and it gives credence to the saying "you learn something new every day"! :)

Stuartm,

"Set up a 'buddy-list' to quickly see which of your friends are currently online "

You can do this by going to your user/cp at the top left side of this page, and click on buddy/ignore list, and add anyone to either list. This board has some really useful features.Especially using the subscribed threads. Saves alot of time trying to back track and looking for certain threads.

Archived