Miracle family's driver question

readytogo2

Hi ...I was supposed to go on the Miracle leaving on June 2nd with my family, but due to too many personal issues, I couldn't go:(. That leaves me as the designated driver to the NY pier, which was kinda scary as I never drove to the City before. Dropping them off was painless,but I was wondering if anyone could tell me what time should I pick them up and where should I park. The ship is expected at 9am. I'd really appreciate if someone could advise me.:)

Hi ...I was supposed to go on the Miracle leaving on June 2nd with my family, but due to too many personal issues, I couldn't go:(. That leaves me as the designated driver to the NY pier, which was kinda scary as I never drove to the City before. Dropping them off was painless,but I was wondering if anyone could tell me what time should I pick them up and where . The ship is expected at 9am. I'd really appreciate if someone could advise me.:)

I would not get there before 10:00 and that is if they are self-disembarking... Otherwise you have no idea what time they are getting off... Can they meet you on 12th Ave to avoid the chaos?

I would not get there before 10:00 and that is if they are self-disembarking... Otherwise you have no idea what time they are getting off... Can they meet you on 12th Ave to avoid the chaos?

I'll give them a call on their cell as soon as the Miracle pulls in. I have no idea what the parking lot is like at the NY pier. Too bad the Miracle doesn't go to Red Hook as I found that parking lot was a breeze.

Thanks so much for your reply

I'll give them a call on their cell as soon as the Miracle pulls in. I have no idea what the parking lot is like at the NY pier. Too bad the Miracle doesn't go to Red Hook as I found that parking lot was a breeze.

Thanks so much for your reply

It will cost you $30 to park there for the day.. I would hang out in the car on 12th or a side street and have them call you when they get off.. Tell them to tell you where they will be.. either on the top floor ramp or bottom.. there seemed to be alot of confusion there two weeks ago!

It will cost you $30 to park there for the day.. I would hang out in the car on 12th or a side street and have them call you when they get off.. Tell them to tell you where they will be.. either on the top floor ramp or bottom.. there seemed to be alot of confusion there two weeks ago!

$30...ouch!:eek: Looks like I'll be sitting in a parked car on 12th....just hope I don't burn too much gas cause I have no intention of turning off the air conditioning tomorrow:D

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it!:)

$30...ouch!:eek: Looks like I'll be sitting in a parked car on 12th....just hope I don't burn too much gas cause I have no intention of turning off the air conditioning tomorrow:D

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it!:)

No Problem!

I am on the isand too

What is your affiliation with the animal center?

:)

Mona is correct

Here is some more info that may help

Parking

MANHATTAN CRUISE TERMINAL

dots.gif

Parking is conveniently located above each of the piers. Drive up the Viaduct Ramp at 55th Street to the receiving area adjacent to their cruise vessel's berth.

Parking Rates Effective 4/1/08

• Daily rate (up to 10 hours) for drop offs/visitors
    $25.00
  • Cruise parking
    $30.00 per night
  • Cruises from 10 to 30 nights
    $300.00

Please Note:

Taxes are included in the rates. Payment accepted in cash, visa and master card.

We do not accept reservations. Space is subject to availability and is provided to cruise parkers on a first come, first serve basis.

For Ports America (Terminal Operator) Parking Information, call (212) 641-4454.

Additional parking lots are located at 59th Street.

Long Island:

From the Queens-Midtown Tunnel, go west via 34th Street to 12th Avenue. Continue north to the New York Cruise Terminal.

http://www.nycruise.com/parkNYC.html

Also, if you are going to drive - take the queens midtown tunnel into manhattan, and make a right turn onto 3rd street, after coming out of the tunnel. Take 3rd all the way up to 55th, and then take that cross town. Definitely better than taking 34th street.

Also, if you are going to drive - take the queens midtown tunnel into manhattan, and make a right turn onto 3rd street, after coming out of the tunnel. Take 3rd all the way up to 55th, and then take that cross town. Definitely better than taking 34th street.

Is it a weekend pick up? I usually get off Van Damn and go over the bridge avoid all those uptown lights..

Either way driving in "sucks'.. I hate it! You would definitely know better as you drive it everyday- Brave Girl!

We took a cab to Forest Hills and had my parents pick us up there.. it was Fleet Week and we thought it would be crazier than usual at the pier

Just got back from picking them up. I left home at about 9:15am...got there around 10:30ish, I found a metered parking space on 9th Ave and 45th put 2 quarters in. They called me around 11am, I drove down 9th Ave and made a left onto 55th St. which took me directly to the entrance to the cruise terminal on 12th Ave, drove up the ramp, they were waiting right there...It was sooo much easier than I thought:D:D

Thanks to everyone here that replied to my post:):)

Just got back from picking them up. I left home at about 9:15am...got there around 10:30ish, I found a metered parking space on 9th Ave and 45th put 2 quarters in. They called me around 11am, I drove down 9th Ave and made a left onto 55th St. which took me directly to the entrance to the cruise terminal on 12th Ave, drove up the ramp, they were waiting right there...It was sooo much easier than I thought:D:D

Thanks to everyone here that replied to my post:):)

More importantly... Did they have a great time!!!!!!!???

Another avatar! Wow, aren't you the computer whiz!

Archived