? on Chops/Portofinos

As I was working through final decisions for our LOS cruise in a couple of weeks, I came across a note that said kids under the age of 13 were not allowed in Chops or Portofinos.

Now my daughter could pass for 13 - and she is quite excited to dine in both of those places. This is a child who has attended gourmet cooking camps the last couple of summers and is a huge foodie - obsessing with the food network vs Hannah Montana like others her age. I know her limits and know that she will be fine and not disruptive to others. We had planned to dine in those places early, but now I am not sure what to do. She is almost 12 - do I just book and make it work, or do we all give up those experiences since she is not old enough according to RCCL?

I am not typically a rule breaker, but having been in Portofinos before, I know what it is like, and know this is something she will value and enjoy. Or does RCCL bend that rule before a certain time of the evening?

Thanks!

From RCCL's FAQ section on their website:

Q: Are children allowed to dine in our Specialty Restaurants?

A: Chops Grille and Portofino

All guests 13 and over are welcome; children under 13 years may book only before 7 p.m. Thereafter children under the age of 13 are not allowed. All guests under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.

###

From RCI's website:

Chops Grille and Portofino:

All guests 13 and over are welcome; children under 13 years may book only before 7 p.m. Thereafter children under the age of 13 are not allowed. All guests under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.

I don't know from experience, but have heard that they will often allow early booking (6:00ish) including children under 13. You'll probably get some who say rules are rules, but if she really could "pass for 13", and you know she's the type that would appreciate the dining experience at these restaurants, it won't hurt to ask.

Archived