South American Dec 7 Cruisers Need Help

Hello everyone,

This is our first attempt to post on this incredible forum. We will be sending quesitons to the forum from now until Dec. Our first question has to do with our room choice. Please let us know if we have lost our minds on deciding on this room:

Royal Caribbean Radiance of the Seas--

10th deck

D1 room

Room is 1604

This room is at the back of the boat. Anyone have an idea how this room experiene will most likely turn out cruising the Cape? The trip is from BA down south and then returns to Sau Paulo.

Thanks to all comments we receive.

GalvezCruiser

Do you mean that the cabin is on the end of the ship, not the side? Alot of seasoned cruisers love those cabins because you can see the ocean and the wake of the ship with no obstructions. Some of the cabins and balconies are even slightly larger. But, if you like to be able to see when the ship is docking you will have to go to up on top on one of the decks. I have stayed at the back of the ship before. Although on the first day it seems so far from everything, you really get used to it. Good luck!

Here is a picture so that you can see what the back of your cabin looks like. Having just returned from our SA cruise on Splendour I can tell you that there will be some active seas during your trip.........but nothing major.

If you are doing the December 7th cruise, please be aware that you will need a Brazilian Visa since you are stopping in Porto Belo, Brazil before you disembark in Santos.

aftwcabins.jpg

Thank you all for your comments and how great to be able to actually see the back of the boat. Thank so much. We feel much better!

Also we did find out yesterday about the vBrazilian visa. We are going to stay over post cruise in Sau Paulo as well.

Since we just booked the cruise we will have many more questions to come.

Thanks to all once again.

GalvezCruiser

Thank you all for your comments and how great to be able to actually see the back of the boat. Thank so much. We feel much better!

Also we did find out yesterday about the vBrazilian visa. We are going to stay over post cruise in Sau Paulo as well.

Since we just booked the cruise we will have many more questions to come.

Thanks to all once again.

GalvezCruiser

If you check out the South America boards........here's the link http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=76

you will find a wealth of information. That's what we did before we did our cruise on Splendour from Valparaiso to Santos.

Since you are going on our very favorite ship, here is another link for your reading enjoyment

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=575048

Just remember on your Visas that your passports must be good 6 months beyond your arrival into Brazil...............and your Visa must be used within 90 days of its issuance.

You have booked a wonderful cruise on a fabulous ship and I know that you will have a terrific time. Any questions, just ask away.

GalvezCruiser Have a wonderful South America Cruise....never been in any Radiance Class but after my Brilliance Cruise in July I'll tell you about the ship....you'll visit very beautiful places in Brazil(where I'm from)...just one advice...careful with the violence...it's a very beautiful country with good people but unfortunately the violence there is bad....but no need to be scaried...just carefull and enjoy your cruise!

Thank you all for the comments, pictures, and support. Yes this is going to be a great experience for us. I will porbably have more questions as we get the information on land tour opportunities.

I am familiar with BA as I visited Argentina a few years ago traveling by bus through most of the country. I also speak Spanish so that is an added bonus for us as we travel SA. However, we are not familiar with Brazil so this will be a new experience for us.

Thank you for the warnings about crime in Brazil. We travel "usually" being very careful about our surroundings. I'm not sure if the Spanish language will help in Brazil. Any comments?

Certainly it will help you...not 100% but It's better than nothing....

Some words are the same and some are totally different but you will do well....maybe if you search for a Portuguese book, dictionary or even in the internet for the basics only for the stops than you'll enjoy it better!

Any questions you have just ask me!:D

Thank you all for the comments, pictures, and support. Yes this is going to be a great experience for us. I will porbably have more questions as we get the information on land tour opportunities.

I am familiar with BA as I visited Argentina a few years ago traveling by bus through most of the country. I also speak Spanish so that is an added bonus for us as we travel SA. However, we are not familiar with Brazil so this will be a new experience for us.

Thank you for the warnings about crime in Brazil. We travel "usually" being very careful about our surroundings. I'm not sure if the Spanish language will help in Brazil. Any comments?

Once you arrive in Brazil, the language will change to Portuguese.

Archived