Dinner Invite To Capt Or Officer Table

snorkler

We were at the Captain's table with WaterBaby - Hi! - We have been invited numerous times from our first cruise to our 28th. We have not been able to discern a pattern - everything from people who have lost their luggage - flight delays and having to catch the ship at the 3rd port - to friends of the Captain from Greece. These evenings are always special.

We actually like to encourage folks to accept an invitation, it can be a lot of fun.

Oh yes, I agree! We've thoroughly enjoyed our dinners at the Captain's Table - What I was saying above ( "We were invited several times - but not in a while - and we are CC Elite members...and, I must say, quite presentable and personable -- so when the Captain's Table crowd makes its entrance through the martini bar, we just look and say, "Not very interesting looking - the Captain will be so bored!"") was our way of laughingly handling the fact that we had NOT been invited!!! - and the CAPTAIN will be bored with the ones who DID get invited!!! ;)

Are there any extras that you would get dining at the Captains table?

Rollie, A pre dinner cocktail party to meet everyone, and wine, cocktails with dinner. Also a picture is taken of the entire table and you will receive that delivered to your cabin. Once we had a roped off section at the show afterward,(front and center) but the second time we were invited to dine at the Captains table, they didnt do this.

jt1120, I am standing by my statement. IMHO, An invitation is just that. An invitation. Personally, I would never ask. (or volunteer):rolleyes: But thats just me.;)

we have been on numerous X cruises and have been invited to the captains table on three different occasions. we declined the first time, i forget why, accepted the second time but it was the chiesf engineer not the captain who dined with us. the third occasion was about two weeks ago and we declined again because we were having such a great time with our table mates.

on the occasion we did accept, we were seated at the end of the table and the noise level in the dining room was so loud we could hear no one but the folks beside us. further, we prefer a table up-front in the dining room not right at the stern of the ship. frankly, i doubt we would accept the invitation if invited again. in our minds its no big deal and we can afford to pay for our own drinks.

My husband and I have sailed with Celebrity 11 times, and have dined at the captains table 7 or 8 times. One cruise, we sat at the captains table on both formal nights of a 7 day cruise.

I agree that the Social Hostess was primarily responsible for choosing the guests. Our first few cruises, we were greeted by the social hostess during the check in process. She would chat with us for a few minutes, and then write something down on her pad....presumably our cabin number, since an invitation would arrive usually the next day.

Since switching over to Captains club hostesses, I'm not sure how guests are chosen. We've been invited, and have had NO interaction with her.

Also, our cabins have ranged from standard oceanview to nothing higher than a sky suite.

We enjoy the evening, and always look froward to an invite if one should come. I just hope it comes for the FIRST formal night, so I can still fit comfortably into my gown. :)

Hubbie and I have dined at the Captain's Table a few times. We do feel it's a honor to be asked and have graciously accepted. The Tables have been fun and congenial.

Our family just completed the June 6th Alaska sailing on the Infinity. We were asked to the Captain's Table hosted by the Hotel Director and Guest Relations Manager. It was by far the BEST Captain's Table ever. The right chemistry of people, laughter, similarity of professions, backgrounds, locations, and celebrations, two degrees of separation, and even cruise critics, etc., made for a light-hearted, warm and wonderful evening. In fact, we were one of the last tables out of the dining room. It doesn't happen all the time but this time was special!:) Just needed to share...

Hi Phil and Marti!!!;) It was a pleasure meeting both of you and sharing such an enjoyable evening. Looking forward to meeting again on a future sailing.

We were invited to the captains table on a cruise in 2002. It was a great night and we meet a couple that we ended up cruising with the next year and we have booked a cruise with that couple for January.

We have been invited several times and enjoyed each evening and the friends that we have made.

I generally have a good time where ever I go, but the captains table was a blast.

Archived