I live in Copenhagen - can give advice

Hello. I am hoping to visit the Carlsberg Brewery. Is it possible to get there from Langeline Pier without walking. If I remember correctly the number 26 bus leaves from the pier and takes us into Town. Is it possible to walk from there? Would be grateful for any hints/tips. many thanks.

Bus number 26 (direction Ålholm Plads) will get you all the way to Carlsberg, use the bus stop at Kammasvej.

http://www.visitcarlsberg.dk/Pages/front.aspx

But remember that when you get back to Langelinie pier you should take the bus that are heading to Langelinie (the cruise ships) and not Færgehavn Nord.

Danish Viking, I need your help again. We would like to see a circus on this trip, but there won't be any performances in St. Petersburg or Riga the days/ nites we visit. We will be in Copenhagen for 2 nights after our cruise, 17th & 18th of may 2011. Do you know of any circus in town at that time?

Thanks, ron

Bus number 26 (direction Ålholm Plads) will get you all the way to Carlsberg, use the bus stop at Kammasvej.

http://www.visitcarlsberg.dk/Pages/front.aspx

But remember that when you get back to Langelinie pier you should take the bus that are heading to Langelinie (the cruise ships) and not Færgehavn Nord.

many thanks for your help - just one more question. Will the bus stop at Kammasvej have a sign so that we know we have arrived there?

I went back and read about 6 pages and didn't see anything about holiday schedules for Museums,.... so I'm sorry if this has all ready been covered.

Is May 20th a Holiday in Denmark?

And will this cause closures of Museums, attractions, shops and restaurants?

Thank you for any help.

@ swissmiss2010

´

Some busses show the next stop but not on all lines but if its not the case just ask the driver to tell when its Kammasvej (Kammas road) or Carlsberg.

@ artsy-girl

Its Store Bededag thats translated literally as Great Prayer Day or more loosely as General Prayer Day, "All Prayers" Day, Great Day of Prayers or Common Prayer Day.

I´m just overlooking various museum´s website and no one seems to be closed on that date.

But tell me which museums you want to visit and i can look it up.

@ swissmiss2010

´

Some busses show the next stop but not on all lines but if its not the case just ask the driver to tell when its Kammasvej (Kammas road) or Carlsberg.

@ artsy-girl

Its Store Bededag thats translated literally as Great Prayer Day or more loosely as General Prayer Day, "All Prayers" Day, Great Day of Prayers or Common Prayer Day.

I´m just overlooking various museum´s website and no one seems to be closed on that date.

But tell me which museums you want to visit and i can look it up.

I checked a lot of websites also, and didn't see any places that advertised they were closed for Prayer Day. I was hoping it was like Presidents Day here, and only the school children get to benefit from a day off.

Danish Viking - We are a group of 10 (5 couples) arriving in Copenhagen on July 7th and getting on NCL's Sun for the Baltics Cruise on July 10th. This is first visit to Copenhagen for all members of the group. Can you give us some recommendations on medium priced places to stay, places to see in the 2 days we have before the cruise, and transportation in Copenhagen. Thank you in advance.

@ ConnieInNewJersey

We have used this company many times before when going to away games with our football (soccer for you) team.

http://www.busteam.dk/default.asp?key=us_171

@ RamRam

The cheapest hotel in a okay standard is the Wake Up hotel at the Tivoli Congress Center.

https://www.wakeupcopenhagen.com/booking/index.php?client=arpHansenWakeup&lang=en

The most normal sites to visit is in no particular order.

Canal tour (+ Nyhavn)

The National Museum

Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek

Tivoli

Zoo

Resistance Museum

The Little Mermaid (+Kastellet Fortress)

Open Air Museum

Strøget Shopping/pedestrian Street

Carlsberg Brewery

@ mrspaper

All taxis take credit cards but show them to the driver before departure.

The price from the freeport terminal to the airport is around 250-300 DKK.

If you want to save some money you can purchase a 2 zone clipcard for 140 DKK for all 4 persons.

Can I arrange for a taxi ahead of time to pick us up at the pier and take us to airport ? Is that more money? I am sure there are many taxis waiting at the port but with 3000 people debarking I am wondering if it will be a long wait to get the taxi.

Just want to thank you for your information. I have read typical tourist books on the area and not one mentioned the "no American credit cards"! Very important to know!

We used the site airbnb.com to book rooms in private homes. Much more affordable than hotels and we like to converse with locals.

Do you know if the 10 clip cards, which I understand can be used between people, is for multi-days unlike the 24 hr cards? WE are taking day trips to Hillerod and Koge on separate days and would like to know the best way to handle the transit situation.

Any help is appreciated!

Hi! I'm a fellow American expat, but I live in Jutland. I'm taking a train from Vejle to Central Station, my ship leaves from Freeport.

Is is a short walk from Central Station or am I better off taking a bus or a local train? If so, which one?

Sorry if this has been answered. I tried doing a search and mostly found Central Station to airport discussions.

Tak!

@ kelrac

You can purchase 10 clip card from 2 to a total of 9 (all) zones.

The number of fare zones to both Hillerød and Køge is both 9 zones and one clip is valid for 2 hours.

If you are 2 persons you can purchase a 6 zone clip card and stamp it 3 times on the way to Hillerød, 3 times back to Copenhagen.

To Køge you stamp 3 times on the way to Køge.

But now you only got 1 stamp/clip back and you will stamp that and purchase a 6 zone single ticket at the ticket machine or at the 7-Eleven at Køge station.

A 6 zone clip/stamping card with 10 clips cost 335 DDK and a 6 zone single ticket cost 72 DDK.

4 24 hour tickets will cost 520 DKK.

@ Girl_from_Ipanema

Are you traveling on a weekend or from monday to friday.

If its a weekend you can´t use bus number 26 but then you take a northbound S-train from track 9 and 10 and get of at Nordhavn Station.

From here you can walk to the freeport terminal.

If it is from monday to friday you can take Bus number 26 from the central station from the stop at Vesterbrogade.

Archived