I live in Copenhagen - can give advice

The 2 zone clip card can be punched 10 times and each clip/punch is valued at 2 zones.

2 * 3 zones from airport to hotel = 3 clips (Saturday)

2 * 2 zones from hotel to ship = 2 clips (Monday)

2 * 2 zones from ship to central station (luggage storage) = 2 clips (last day)

2 * 3 zones from central station to airport = 3 clips. (last day)

So you have used all 10 clips/punches

So now you only need a 24 hour city pass for sunday.

I would say that middle price range is around 150-250 DKK for a dinner.

http://www.aok.dk/soeg#what:Restaurant%20og%20caf%C3%A9;where::Indre%20By;filter:choice_5:terms_class:price_range;filter:choice_5:values::Middel;filter:choice_6:terms_class:meals;filter:choice_6:values::Middag

Here are all the restaurants in Indre By (downtown), the search engine is in danish but try to see if you can work it out.

Alle Køkkentyper means all kitches types.

Atmosfære means of course Atmosphere (romantic, trendy and so on)

This is how a 2 zone klippekort looks, you can get them in 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and all zones.

klippekort.jpg

All zones in the greater Copenhagen area, the airport is located in the yellow (3 zone) area just south east of central Copenhagen (red area)

zoneoversigt.jpg

You can buy from 2 zones (blue zone) to all zones (grey area)

The 2 zone clip card can be punched 10 times and each clip/punch is valued at 2 zones.

2 * 3 zones from airport to hotel = 3 clips (Saturday)

2 * 2 zones from hotel to ship = 2 clips (Monday)

2 * 2 zones from ship to central station (luggage storage) = 2 clips (last day)

2 * 3 zones from central station to airport = 3 clips. (last day)

So you have used all 10 clips/punches

So now you only need a 24 hour city pass for sunday.

I'm unfortunately still a little bit confused :o

Is this for one person?? or for two people??

do we (2 adults) now need one or two clip cards ??

because I thought from the airport to the hotel you need 3 zones, so for 2 people this would be 6 zones (2 clip cards with 3-times punch for each zone), than the same procedere (2 clip cards with 2-times punch) on monday and one more at the last day ...

or is there a misunderstanding error ??

sorry about this maybe silly questions but it's our first time in copenhagen ...

chipsy57

It is for 2 persons, 3 stamps on the card gives you 6 zones and that is all you need for 2 persons.

Airport to city and city to airport looks like this

What you need

3 zones * 2 persons = 6 zones

How you get it

1 stamp = 2 zones * 3 stamps = 6 zones

On the 2 short trips to and from the ship it looks like this

What you need

2 zones * 2 persons = 4 zones

How you get it

1 stamp = 2 zones * 2 stamps = 4 zones

You will use 3 stamps to the hotel , 2 to the ship, 2 to the central station and 3 to the airport so you will make use of all 10 clips/stamps.

In this scenario i have calculated a long stop over at the central station to do some sightseeing (as you requested) because else you could have taken the trip from the ship to the airport in 3 zones but the ticket is only valid in 1 hour so that is the reason why you need to buy 2 seperate ticket to get back to the airport.

hi danish viking,

I think I've got it now :D

1 clip card for us both for airport - hotel/hotel - ship/ship - central station (with sightseeing)/central station - airport

by the way: do you think we really need a city pass for the sightseeing day :confused:

we would like to walk/see the typical copenhagen sightseeing places and do perhaps a boat trip (netto-boats maybe) or is it better to go by hoho-bus :confused:

greetings from austria and THANK YOU once more :o

chipsy57

I think so :D but it looks like that you think that a sightseeing tour is included with the klippekort (clipcard) at the central station but I´m guessing its a typo.

Most tourist site is in walking distance so i would suggest that you spend your money on the canal boat tour (perhaps the 24 hour Hop on hop off ticket) and then walk around the rest of the time.

You could focus on the places that are located closest to your hotel in the first day and then focus on the area around the central station on the "half" day

Hi Danish Viking,

Thank you in advance for all your help. I have read most of the post but not all 180 pages. We are arriving on May 19th at 7:30 am for the states. We are staying at the Grand Hotel. I heard there is a huge marithon taking place on this day. Do you think that we can still do some sight seeing? I have many question and hope you can answer them.

1. What train would we take from the airport to get to the grand hotel?

2. What ticket do I need to us for transportation for 3 days?

3.Do you think there will be a problem sight seeing the day of the marthon?

4. If I get a city map will I be able to do the tour myself or should I sign up for a tour

5. Someone told me all the museums are closed on Mondays. What would you recommed we do? Is the castle open? If yes what train do I take to get there.

6. Can I use US dollar?

7. Can I use my Capital One charge card that doesn't have a chip?

8. From the Grand Hotel can I get to the pier and what train or bus do I take? Can I take my luggage on the train?

I know I am forgetting some questions.

Thank you in advance.

Mary Ann from Connecticut

9. Is the Grand Hotel close to walking to Trivoli Garden.

Hi,

My family is planning Scandinavian/Transatlantic cruise Copenhagen to Miami next September. We were thinking about arriving a few days early in Copenhagen to go to St Petersburg. Is there another way to get there other than flying? Or, if we fly first to St Petersburg, is there ferry service, train, etc. to get to Copenhagen? Also do you know if there are any local Copenhagen travel agencies that offer 2-3 day package trips to St Petersburg?

You can email me at cmycav at peoplepc dot com if you prefer.

Thank you so much for your help!

Carley

@ lovingcruising

1) Just take the regular train and get off at the central station, just not take the metro.

2) Just buy the 72 hour City Pass but if you are thinking about visiting Kronborg slot, Frederiksborg Slot, the Viking Ship Museum or the Open Air Museum then the Copenhagen card is a better option.

Besides the transportation the CPH Card also covers entrance or reduced entrance to most museums and tourist attractions.

3) Normally only the traffic is affected by the Marathon so if you just walk around downtown Copenhagen you should be okay.

4) I would say that Copenhagen is easy navigable but the H.C. Andersen walk should be interesting and is very popular.

5) Many museums are closed but when you say castle i need to know with one you are talking about.

6) Some places do but if you can get hold on some euros or danish kroners beforehand it would be better because if you pay with Dollars or Euro´s the exchange rate will not be in your favour.

7) I am not sure about your card but check with your local bank.

8) Take any northbound S-train (Hillerød, Holte, Klampenborg, Farum) from track 9 and 10 from the central station and get of at Nordhavn station, from here you can walk in 10 minutes to the freeport terminal.

You can also take the train from Vesterport station

But make sure that your ship is docked at the freeport because else you will need another travel advice.

9) I am not sure about Trivoli :D but Tivoli is just located next door.

http://map.krak.dk/m/9WQs0

Danish Viking - Thank you so much for all the help you provide. Can you help me? We will be arriving back from our cruise on a Sunday in July, leaving our luggage at Hotel Bethel in Nyhavn and going to the airport to catch an 11:55 plane to Oslo (11:15 check-in; backpacks only). I know that we can take the metro from Nyhavn station to the airport (less than 10 minutes?). Should we catch a taxi to Nyhavn from the cruise port, or public transpo? We will be on the Sun.

Danish Viking............thank you so much for taking the time to help us all ! We'll be cruising on Princess in the third week of May and have booked at Axel Hotel Guldsmeden. The location looks good and pictures/description are nice but I've found nothing on Cruise Critic about it. Do you know the hotel? I'd love to hear your evaluation of it while we still have a few weeks that we could cancel, if we needed to ! (Can you tell I am feeling a little uncertain here ? :p)

Thanks again~

Kathy

Danish Viking,

First, thanks for all your help!

See if I have this right:

From the airport to Hotel Bethel I am taking the M2 to Kongens Nytorv so that is 3 zones and for 2 people I will need to get a 6 clip ticket.

Question:

Do I validate this ticket when getting on and off? Does someone come around and punch the ticket?

Thanks again! :)

This may seem a strange question but I know you get on the bus in the middle with a wheelchair or pushchair, but how then does one buy the tickets. If your companion walks down the bus to the driver to pay , he is getting in the way of the people getting on at the front. What is the answer?

HI, We are arriving to CPH on the morning of 7/27 and boarding ship late afternoon on 7/28. We are staying at Ibsens Hotel on Nansensgade. Any suggestions for dinner nearby? Also, how difficult is it to get to the Nyhaven area from there. I understand that is a very nice area also for dining. Any good jazz clubs that you know of?

Thank you.

Judy

Any thoughts on Hotel Danmark? Have you heard anything, good or bad about it?

If I book one night's stay there when my cruise ship returns to Copenhagen at the end of the cruise, how would I get from the (Freeport) pier to the hotel? What's the easiest option? I am thinking of buying a Copenhagen card for the day, so if I could get transportation options from the pier to the hotel via public transportation and walking so that it is covered by the card, that would be the best option for me.

Also, how far is it a walk from the Hotel Danmark to the Central Train station so I can catch a train to the airport early, early, early the next morning?

Thanks!

@ dockhl

It was voted in at number 9 at this years Travelers choice award in the category "top 25 trendy hotels in denmark" so i think its a good hotel.

But i seem to understand that the rooms in the backside of the hotel are more silence than the ones facing the streets but that is probably obvious.

@ Coolcruise02

You can only get single tickets or the klippekort with 10 clips/stamps.

In your case just buy two 3 zone single tickets at 36 DKK each because the cheapest klippekort (the 2 zone card) costs 145 DKK.

The single tickets are printed with time an date but the klippekort should be punched in the yellow boxes on the platforms.

@ dockhl

Irma at Østerport station is probably the best location to do so.

http://irma.dk/includefiles/MODULER/CCMS/show_page.asp?iMappeID=486&sSideNavn=Din+Irma

@ firsttimeruk

That is a valid question, just get in at the middle door, wait for the other people to enter the bus and then get up to the driver and punch the klippekort in the yellow box or buy single tickets at the driver.

@ minniemax

Is it this hotel, because then the adress is at Vendersgade 23

http://www.ibsenshotel.dk/beliggenhed.php

Because if it is this hotel i would take the Metro directly from the nearby Nørreport station to Kongens Nytorv where you will find Nyhavn just next door.

Gråbrødre Torv is located a little bit down the pedestrian street called Købmagergade that starts at Nørreport and here you will find alot of cosy restaurants with outdoor serving round the little square.

http://maps.google.dk/maps?saddr=Vendersgade+23,+K%C3%B8benhavn&daddr=Gr%C3%A5br%C3%B8dretorv,+K%C3%B8benhavn&hl=da&ie=UTF8&sll=55.67295,12.569872&sspn=0.004193,0.009602&geocode=FVmuUQMdjL6_ACnp4ZDPBVNSRjFNAFq3jlzyLQ%3BFYCbUQMd1uS_AClVMKXzEFNSRjFxHNtmNqvDHg&oq=gr%C3%A5br%C3%B8dre&dirflg=w&mra=ls&t=m&z=16

Restaurants next to the hotel is La Rocca, Pintxos and Sticks´n´´Sushi, but i don´t know the quality but the hotel recommends its so it should be okay.

On the walking route i made to Gråbrødre Torv you can see Copenhagen Jazz House not far away from Gråbrødre Torv.

@ jstducky

Your hotel is located close to the town hall square so if your ship is not in port on a saturday, sunday or public holiday you can take bus number 26 directly to the hotel at the bus stop at town hall square.

The hotel is located at the backside of the the town hall to your left side when looking infront of it.

Or else you can take a S-train from Nordhavn station to København H (central station) and use the exit at the bridge at Tietgensgade, walk left and pass by Tivolis backside.

Tietgensgade then becomes Stormgade and then in the next intersection you will turn left on Vester Voldgade where your hotel is located.

http://maps.google.dk/maps?saddr=Tietgensbro,+K%C3%B8benhavn&daddr=Vester+Voldgade+89,+K%C3%B8benhavn&hl=da&ie=UTF8&ll=55.67295,12.569872&spn=0.004193,0.009602&sll=55.672853,12.56955&sspn=0.004193,0.009602&geocode=FZp5UQMdbMC_ACn3cStVDVNSRjF892dS0IhdPg%3BFbeHUQMdKNi_ACl5UVk1ElNSRjFX05KKG8GJcQ&oq=tietgens&dirflg=w&mra=ltm&t=m&z=17

Archived