Post Cruise Baggage Check

Design Diva

Sorry...I'm sure this question has been asked but I can't find the answer in my searches.

What airline is affliated with RCL? I want to check my bags upon my return from cruise so I can run around San Juan luggage-free.

THANK YOU!

Sorry...I'm sure this question has been asked but I can't find the answer in my searches.

What airline is affliated with RCL? I want to check my bags upon my return from cruise so I can run around San Juan luggage-free.

THANK YOU!

Guests flying with United, American, Continental and Delta are allowed on board checkin of luggage for a $FEE, and arraingements must be done by Wed on most cruises. Remember to pack all liquids in your checked in bags, liquids not allowed in your carry-ons.

Just used this feature two weeks ago as we got off AOS and our flight wan't until 3:30 PM. It was easy.......boarding passes and checked luggage tags showed up in our room the night before we got off the ship. A $20 fee per person. You collect your bags......and then take them to the airline. Then you're free for the day....no hassle at all.

When you get to the airport you go right to the security line and bypass the ticket counters.

Someone (on the "cruise air" forum) reported that US Air participates in the Luggage Express program on RCCL ships in San Juan, also! I certainly hope US Air will do the same for Carnival's Destiny by July. It would sure help us!

Just used this feature two weeks ago as we got off AOS and our flight wan't until 3:30 PM. It was easy.......boarding passes and checked luggage tags showed up in our room the night before we got off the ship. A $20 fee per person. You collect your bags......and then take them to the airline. Then you're free for the day....no hassle at all.

When you get to the airport you go right to the security line and bypass the ticket counters.

Please help explain the part about "you collect your bags"? I thought this would allow us to place our check in luggage outside our cabin on the last night of the cruise...and we would not see them again until we arrive in our home (final destination) airport. I really don't WANT to see my luggage or collect it in between.:eek:

Lobster129

Please help explain the part about "you collect your bags"? I thought this would allow us to place our check in luggage outside our cabin on the last night of the cruise...and we would not see them again until we arrive in our home (final destination) airport. I really don't WANT to see my luggage or collect it in between.:eek:

Lobster129

Having not done this 'yet' I have read about doing this I believe that you will pick your luggage up in the terminal (or whatever it is called where ALL the bags are) then give it to a certain area still in same area for them to get it to the airport--then you CAN go on your way. I also have read that Air Tran is part of this too--hope so as we are using it thru them AOS in Sept

Once you get off the ship you go to the the area that has your color coded luggage tags......find your luggage and then take that luggage through customs. Actually you just roll your luggage past a customs agent who takes your declaration form. Just past this area is where the airline check points are located. You drop the bags off since they are already checked through and you're done.

You have no choice but to collect/take your bags through customs. Hope this helps.

Archived