Kids on Alaska cruise?

laycj18

Just a quick question...do the Alaska cruises tend to have less children on board? No offense to anyone, but DH and I have no children and really aren't kid people and on our last cruise there were children EVERYWHERE...even at 2AM running through the public areas and constantly playing games on the elevators (and I mean 7-10 year old kids)...

Anyway....we figured Alaskan cruises are lighter on the youngsters than cruises to warmer places...what has everyones experience been? Thanks!

I just got off the Pearl to Alaska. I had my 15 year old daughter and 16 year old niece. I barely saw them myself. They stayed busy with the other teens. I did not see many kids running around. Twice I saw a line of small kids with the counsellors going from one place to another in an orderly manner. They have so many activities within the teen center, the kids are busy doing what they have planned and not running around the ship making noise. You shouldn't have a problem with kids.

with the expense of the alaska cruise and the high cost of excursions...alaska cruise have a few less families/kid..but that is changining as it gets easier and easier to do a cruise up there.

going in late may/early june or late august/sept will be even less kids.

to do more research on this, go to the alaska boards...it will give you the pros/cons to traveling in those months.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55

If you sail Alaska in May or September, (or any cruise for that matter), you are going to find less children on board. From what some reviews said the May Alaska cruises only had a handful of kids on board.

On our Star Cruise in July 2005 to Alaska, we saw just as many kids as we did on our Dawn cruise to Bermuda & the Bahamas the following summer.

You may also want to look at a line like HAL that is not geared to kids like NCL, RCCL & Carnival are.

most of the alaska cruises are so port intensive...you just aren't on the ship that much. in sept of '06, i saw a couple of young ones...never noticed/saw any others. it was just a busy trip, the kids are (mostly) in the kid's program during sea days....

since weather could keep people/kids out of the pools...kids are not noticed as much as on caribe cruises where they are in the pool all day.

Thanks for the replies. Like DAGVBSB said...I know NCL is one of the family geared cruises. And I guess now that I think of it NCL has programs and group activities and are very well prepared for kids on the ship. It was very apparent that Costa had nothing of that nature, on our last cruise.

I don't want to sound like a child-hater, it's just that I don't understand why people can't keep control of their children, or at least keep an eye on them, or teach them some manners. And I am not speaking about all children.....only the unruly ones.

Archived