xmas cruise explorer of the seas

we have always sailed on the jewel serenade etc. class of ships and have never felt crowds. after viewing a utube video on the explorer the promenade area looked like fifth avenue at lunch time. does the ship always feel that crowded. we love the idea of sailing out of bayonne and love the itinerary.

thanks

I love Voyager class---and for the size of the ship (compared to Radiance class) have NEVER felt crowded! There are so many places for people to congregate!

RCI is a master of making their very large ships feel "intimate"!

I have been on both explorer and voyager and neither time did i feel crowded. It might be because you're used to the smaller ships, but i loved them both and im sure you will too. There is so much to do on board that the passengers get spread out among the ship pretty well.

we have always sailed on the jewel serenade etc. class of ships and have never felt crowds. after viewing a utube video on the explorer the promenade area looked like fifth avenue at lunch time. does the ship always feel that crowded. we love the idea of sailing out of bayonne and love the itinerary.

thanks

The Explorer is a huge ship and the video you probably watched is of an event on the Promanade such as during a parade or Captain's welcome party. Even at those times you can still make your way thru easily. We've never felt crowded on the Ex. :)

I love the Voyager class ships. I have been on Explorer and am going on Voyager next year. The Promenade is only crowded when they have a parade or event, they normally have a parade or mardi gras party everynight. Most of the time during the day there will be people buy not totally crowded. It's a great place to hang out; they have the pubs, the bistro, the pizza joint. here is a link; *****

click on this link and look up voyager of the seas. when you get to Voyagers link click on current ship position. voyager of the Seas is the only ship that has a live web cam of the promenade. It updates every five minutes.

Cheers

Archived