I am young! I need help.

Northy96

Well I am now 20 years old and I have just ran into some money from my fathers passing (I did not ever get a chance to meet him). Anyways, I have been on many cruises before with my mother and family, CCL RCCL Princess and Celebrity for a count of 5 cruises (2 on CCL). I honestly did not enjoy the young and restless/trashy crowd that I often saw on CCL. For this reason I would like to book with Celebrity; And I always enjoy the more formal atmosphere.

I will be traveling with my 19 year old fiance and her two older cousins (becasue we wont be married yet and I assume we will need guardians).

As I have ran into some money, which ship and cabins are the "best" for the money, I cant afford a $2000 room, but anything around $1000 is do-able. I definatly would like a balcony as I have only had one once, and enjoyed it alot! Ontop of that, my fiance's cousins work hard and do well, but I don't want to book a huge fancy cabin that they can't afford aswell.

Thanks, I'll follow up with more questions on my break today!

Look at the December 7 sailings on the Solstice. They have recently opened for booking and since they need to fill the ship, there are some great prices to be had.

How long of a cruise a you looking for and when do you want to sail?

My advice would be to skip the cruise and save the money. You're engaged! Think life is expensive now? Just wait until you're married.:D

that was depressing:( ........ I would suggest any of the celebrity ships during the first few weeks of December. You will definitely get the biggest bang for your buck during that time..Any other time, $1,000 ea is not going to get you a balcony, unless its a 3 or 4 day cruise.

$1,000.00 pp isn't going to get you a balcony cabin on the Solstice anymore. Unless you can purchase through an agency that bought blocks of cabins when they were cheap. If you book through Celebrity, $1000.00 pp won't even get you an oceanview cabin on most sailings.

Prices have gone way up for the 11/30 and 12/7 sailings. Probably in anticipation of "lowering" prices for the 12/14 sailing after the deadline tomorrow.

I expect they will lower the 12/14 prices to match the new prices for 11/30 and 12/7, which will be great for people who booked 12/14 late but will be of no benefit to people who booked 12/14 when it first came available.:mad:

BTW, according to Celebrity's web site, you must have at least one person of at least 21 years of age booked in each cabin.

Archived