Seapass questions

Can someone tell me exactly how the seapasses work? Does each passenger get one? My daughters are 15 and 17 and if they are able to have seapasses, I would like to preload them with a set amount of cash. If they don't spend it all, how is it refunded? Also, if they happen to lose their pass, then what safeguards are there so that someone else can't use it?

Everyone gets a sea pass, it is your ID to get on and off of the ship as well as your cabin key.... I am not sure about very young children but your daughters will definitely each have one. You can set a spending limit on their passes. I think you just have to let them know at the purser's desk.

The Guest Relations people will punch a hole in the card and your daughters can wear them around their necks on a lariat. You can buy lariats at an office goods store - like Staples or Office Depot - or on the ship. Impress upon them that it is important that they do not lose their cards. The cabin number is in code (without the deck number) on the card, so it would be fairly easy for someone to use their card to get into their cabin. With the cabin number, they can also charge things on their card. At their ages, though, they are probably responsible enough to take care of the cards if they understand their importance.

If you don't let them carry the cards, they will not be able to get into their cabin without a parent. If you are planning not to be separated at any time, that might be a solution as well.

The Guest Relations people will punch a hole in the card and your daughters can wear them around their necks on a lariat. You can buy lariats at an office goods store - like Staples or Office Depot - or on the ship. Impress upon them that it is important that they do not lose their cards. The cabin number is in code (without the deck number) on the card, so it would be fairly easy for someone to use their card to get into their cabin. With the cabin number, they can also charge things on their card. At their ages, though, they are probably responsible enough to take care of the cards if they understand their importance.

If you don't let them carry the cards, they will not be able to get into their cabin without a parent. If you are planning not to be separated at any time, that might be a solution as well.

Susan, I think that you were going for the word "lanyard". :D

Archived