Magnets for Stateroom Doors

doublemm16

Hi Everyone!!

I will be leaving on the CB on June 22nd and I have a question about magnets. As part of our roll call, we have these really cute door signs. Can you hang the door signs with magnets, or do you need tape?

Any information you can provide will be greatly appreciated!!

Mindi:D

PierreMena - I, too, was looking for this news. I never paid attention to the issue since we always taped up paper or balloons or streamers, but on this cruise there will be some magnets for the CCers. I knew the doors were not wooden, but I did not know if they were metalic and able to hold magnets. Thank you.

I bought peel-off magnetic tape at Michael's Craft store. It comes on a roll, and you cut it to size, peel the strip off, and it tapes to the back of your sign with the magnet facing out. I use it on the back of my kid's crafts so I can magnetically stick them onto the refrigerator or dishwasher.

Great minds think alike:D

It's sad when the cool magnets walk!!!:mad:

You know...that is truly sad that we cannot trust others with something as small as a magnet. I guess I will keep the cool ones at home and just shoot for practical!:(

It is still going to be a great cruise anyway, and the door sign will look fabulous regardless!:D

We use the 3M Commander product that works very well on both the doors and cabin walls. It comes off without leaving a mark and is available in WalMart and most hardware/building supply stores. We also use it at home for Christmas decorations.

Those 3M Command hooks are the best. I use them around the house and garage and will definitely bring some on the next cruise. Good idea to put one on the door to leave messages to each other or to yourself, just in case the mind forgets!!!

You can also use magnets to affix things to walls inside your cabin, because they are metal under the wallpaper-like covering.

I use them to hang up the itinerary and that new "planning" sheet they give you so you know in advance what activities and shows are on which days.

You know...that is truly sad that we cannot trust others with something as small as a magnet. I guess I will keep the cool ones at home and just shoot for practical!:(

It is still going to be a great cruise anyway, and the door sign will look fabulous regardless!:D

I put the non personalized ones on the inside of the door for us to enjoy and not the sticky fingers to enjoy:D

Just make sure it's not too cute - I've had 5 magnets stolen off the door on 5 different cruises.

us too... I now decorate our doors with taped things.... had 7 magnets stolen on a 7 day cruise last year. Our next door neighbors felt so bad by day 4 that they bought us new ones... we thanked them and put them in suitcase!

Hi Everyone!!

I will be leaving on the CB on June 22nd and I have a question about magnets. As part of our roll call, we have these really cute door signs. Can you hang the door signs with magnets, or do you need tape?

Any information you can provide will be greatly appreciated!!

Mindi:D

Mindi, what kind of door signs will you be hanging?

I took some of the 3M hooks on our last cruise and couldn't get them to stick to any of the walls!!! Never thought to use magnets!! Thanks for the suggestion! Got to see if I can find some of that magnetic tape. It would work well and not be prone to disappearing.

Kendon - the answer to your question is WHY NOT??!!!! That way you can find your cabin in those loooooong hallways!

Archived