Majesty Deck 7, 6 or 5?

Currently holding a cabin on Deck 7 (7524) which is partially obstructed. Obstructed by what??

RCCL rep says window size is "3'x2' with 25% obstructed". I can't find decent deck plans to identify what may be outside the window (is there a promenade or lifeboat storage???) I also can't figure out if the cabins actually line up from one deck to the next to determine if a lower deck would actually be a more desirable location -- or will I be right by the anchor???

Anyone able to help? This is by no means my first sailing on RCCL, just my first sailing on this class of ship.

I stayed in an inside cabin on Deck 5 last October, so I can't help with the obstruction information, but we found Deck 5 to be a nice central location for us. We have booked a cabin on deck 9 Majesty for next month. It says partial obstruction too, so I don't exactly know what to expect either.

We sailed on Majesty 5 times and I would recommend the 5th deck because on the 7th deck is the walking track, so late evening and early morning people will be strolling past your cabin window. On the 6th deck those same people will be walking and running above your room at all hours of the day and night. On the 5th deck you are right in the middle of the action.

If you have a choice, you do NOT want an oceanview cabin on deck 7. Even if there is no obstruction you will have to keep your drapes closed if you want any privacy as people will be walking past your room at all times of the day and night.

We've had ocean view cabins on Deck 7, Deck 6, Deck 4 and Deck 8. Deck 7 was definitely my LEAST favorite because of the promonade outside. We might as well have had an inside cabin for cheaper because we had to keep our curtains closed all the time. The obstruction referred to might be the rails you will see or one of the supports of the deck above.

Deck 6 was a great central location. Deck 4 wasn't bad either. DEck 8 had a life boat obstructing the window maybe about 50%. That said I have read here that not all Deck 8 OVs are obstructed views. I did like Deck 8. I may be wrong, but it seemed as if our room was slightly bigger than the others we have had.

Currently holding a cabin on Deck 7 (7524) which is partially obstructed. Obstructed by what??

RCCL rep says window size is "3'x2' with 25% obstructed". I can't find decent deck plans to identify what may be outside the window (is there a promenade or lifeboat storage???) I also can't figure out if the cabins actually line up from one deck to the next to determine if a lower deck would actually be a more desirable location -- or will I be right by the anchor???

Anyone able to help? This is by no means my first sailing on RCCL, just my first sailing on this class of ship.

Take 6 or 5.

Below is a pick of an oceanview on the Sovereign Class on Deck 7.

The lower window row is Deck 7 and the upper row is Deck 8.

BTW, you can see it on the deck plans. If you compare deck 6 and deck 7 you will see that the OV on Deck 7 are further back.

747240889_Deck7OV.jpg.bb03b0d4cae299d4d355320d46c53266.jpg

Archived