Inflatable pool question...

Hey all,

We have a 5 year old with special needs who is not yet potty-trained. We were told we can bring a small inflatable pool for him to play in since he won't be allowed in the regular pool. I'm afraid if I have to inflate this sucker daily by hand I may stroke out!! :eek: :eek: We were going to bring a hand pump with us, but was wondering if there was access to a pump on board? The less we have to pack the better! :) Also, is there an area where we will be able to fill the pool, or do we need buckets?

Has anyone had any experience with this sort of thing and willing to share any secrets or tricks?

Thanks in advance,

Rob

Hi Rob, you can go to the family board and ask them I'm sure someone would have some helpful advise for you. Could you try to bring a small electric pump? We have one to blow up our air mattress and it's not too big. There are even one's that are cordless and operated by battery. Also, if you didn't already know this RCCL Adventure Ocean kids club will allow a child with special needs to participate in the program even though they are not potty trained. All you have to do is call RCCL special needs dept. and ask them about this and you will just need to sign a waiver when you sign your child up for the kids club. We are doing this with our 3 year old with autism when we sail in a few weeks. Have fun on your cruise!

Robyn

To fill it - you might also try using your hair dryer on the cool setting. I do this at home with inflatables. They make a small adapter (almost looks like a very small funnel) and the small end goes into the blow up part and you stick the hair dryer in the larger end.

I wouldn't worry about filling the pool--how the hell do you empty it??? And where????

CB, you have been on threads that talk about how and where to fill/dump the pools.

But since you asked, parents dump them using the same bucket they filled it with. They can put the water in a shower drain (if there is a shower at the pool deck). They can put the water down the drain of a sink in the janitor's closet (often one at the pool deck). And if all else fails, ask a crew member where the closest drain is.

No, we don't tell them to dump it back in the pool if that's what you were asking.

Archived