Please Explain "cruise Rewards"

petesweet

This program is unclear to me. My initial understanding was I would pay $250 toward a future cruise and get an ADDITIONAL $100 onboard credit for the current cruise. Then someone said no, that would be a value of $350. The value of the Cruise Reward is that you can hold a reservation for the lower reservation fee of $250. Of that amount, you get $100 back in cash immediately to spend on your current cruise, can hold a reservation with no more money, and then when you are ready to pay off your second cruise, you have a reservation credit of $150.

So what's the story? $250 value? or $350 value?

If it's only $250, I think a lot of people misunderstand. I don't think it is explained well. Besides, how is that a benefit?

Thanks for clarification.

This program is unclear to me. My initial understanding was I would pay $250 toward a future cruise and get an ADDITIONAL $100 onboard credit for the current cruise. Then someone said no, that would be a value of $350. The value of the Cruise Reward is that you can hold a reservation for the lower reservation fee of $250. Of that amount, you get $100 back in cash immediately to spend on your current cruise, can hold a reservation with no more money, and then when you are ready to pay off your second cruise, you have a reservation credit of $150.

If it's only $250, I think a lot of people misunderstand. I don't think it is explained well. Besides, how is that a benefit?

More then a $350 value - You get the full value toward you next cruise plus the $100 OBC on the current cruise. You also get to hold your next cruise with only that $260 voucher as a deposit - SWEET

You buy the certificate for $250 but give you $100 credit right away. You know have a certificate which you can use to make a deposit on a future cruise. The deposit will be $250 but all you really paid for it is $150. This certificate is enoungh to secure the deposit for the whole cabin. Hope this makes sense. We have used them and found them to be a great deal.

As the other posters have commented, the "value" is really 350. You pay 250, which is 'deposited' into your account under your latitudes number. You get 100 as a credit on the cruise you are on.

When you book your next cruise, you can use that 250 as a full deposit on your room (certain higher end rooms excluded and you will have to use the 250 credit plus extra for the room deposit).

I booked my next cruise last week with NCL and decided to talk with someone (as I had a couple of questions). This rep told me, multiple times, that the 250 credit only applies per person and you have to place another 250 deposit on a credit card. Since the cruise isn't that far away in time, I just let it go after asking if he was sure many, many times.

After looking into something for me, he (the NCL guy on the phone) told me he had to ask a supervisor about my question (an unrelated question). I told him, why you were at it, please ask about the cruise rewards. He comes back and tells me I was right, the 250 is enough to hold an entire room, not per person. I thought he took it off my card, but it's still there (with the 500 credit on the cruise cost).

Oh well, like most call centers, it seems that it depends who you get on the other end of the phone!!

....Oh well, like most call centers, it seems that it depends who you get on the other end of the phone!!

As a corollary to your accurate observation - whenever I contact any call center (particularly the airlines), if I do not get what I believe is the "correct" answer, I politely thank the person for their "help", hang-up, and call again to speak to someone else. ;)

You buy the certificate for $250 but give you $100 credit right away. You know have a certificate which you can use to make a deposit on a future cruise. The deposit will be $250 but all you really paid for it is $150. This certificate is enoungh to secure the deposit for the whole cabin. Hope this makes sense. We have used them and found them to be a great deal.

I agree. It's a good deal. We bought a certificate last month while on the Dawn. The problem we now have is what cruise to apply the deposit to. A good problem no doubt. In hindsight, we should have probably bought 1 more certificate. Afterall, you get 30 months from the date of purchase to complete the cruise. We'll probably do that on the cruise we choose with this certificate.

Happy Cruising! :)

Ditto, I regretted not getting one on my last cruise. I tried to get one at the last minute and found out that they seem to have some sort of deadline to buy them that they don't tell you about. I tried to buy one before debarkation and then was told it was too late to do so. Luckily, I spoke to a supervisor at the cruise rewards desk and she gave me a $100 OBC for my upcoming cruise because she said I had no way of knowing about there deadline since it is not stated anywhere.

When I sail on the Sky in July I plan to buy 2. 1 for my October Pearl cruise and another for my Pearl cruise to Alaska in 2009. Can't wait, I need to book that Alaska cruise a.s.a.p. before somebody books my cabin!:eek:

Ditto, I regretted not getting one on my last cruise. I tried to get one at the last minute and found out that they seem to have some sort of deadline to buy them that they don't tell you about. I tried to buy one before debarkation and then was told it was too late to do so. Luckily, I spoke to a supervisor at the cruise rewards desk and she gave me a $100 OBC for my upcoming cruise because she said I had no way of knowing about there deadline since it is not stated anywhere.

When I sail on the Sky in July I plan to buy 2. 1 for my October Pearl cruise and another for my Pearl cruise to Alaska in 2009. Can't wait, I need to book that Alaska cruise a.s.a.p. before somebody books my cabin!:eek:

Hey... when are you going to be on the Pearl?? We will be on her Oct 19th....

Archived