Carnival Paradise 3 day

beatsc

My wife and I won a 3 day cruise out of Long Beach in a raffle and would like some suggestions on what type of cabin to upgrade to on the Paradise? Our certificate is for an interior room. We are in our late 30s and enjoy gambling, eating and drinking.

We plan on booking for sometime either Sept/Oct of this year.

Any suggestions for 1st timers?

Congratulations! I know you will have a blast.

The only balcony cabins on the Paradise are suites. I'm not sure if you want to upgrade that much. If you do, then the large suites are located on the Upper Deck and the mini suites are located on the Verandah deck.

If you just want to upgrade to a window cabin, I would suggest you stay mid ship on either the Upper or Empress deck. There is less motion in those cabins.

Have a great trip. :)

I actually think for your first cruise you should keep the inside cabin unless you think you will be claustrophobic. The cabins on the Paradise are large, so it will not feel tight. Plus, you will be spending so little time in your cabin, it won't matter. The insides are great for sleeping because they are very dark.

But if the lack of light bothers you, just go with a window. They have either a porthole or a full window. Basically, it just gives you light, you cannot open it.

Keep the Inside Cabin for your First Cruise....If you like the cruise splurge on your next Cruise....You will not really notice a difference in room size they are all 185 sf exception suites have a Balcony you said you like to Gamble, and Drink....spend the extra money on that...Enjoy your Cruise and welcome to Cruise Critic....:)

My wife and I won a 3 day cruise out of Long Beach in a raffle and would like some suggestions on what type of cabin to upgrade to on the Paradise? Our certificate is for an interior room. We are in our late 30s and enjoy gambling, eating and drinking.

We plan on booking for sometime either Sept/Oct of this year.

Any suggestions for 1st timers?

I would upgrade to the cheapest midship oceanview. The cabins with a balcony are considered suites on this class of ship. Way overpriced IMO. But you are getting a free cruise.....might be something to look into. I would ask myself would I ever book a hotel with no window:p Heck no!

How do meals work? Do we give a preference of times when booking? Any suggestions restaurant wise? Is there a formal night on this short of a cruise? 3 day Ensenada out of Long Beach.

Thanks

How do meals work? Do we give a preference of times when booking? Any suggestions restaurant wise? Is there a formal night on this short of a cruise? 3 day Ensenada out of Long Beach.

Thanks

Yes they should ask for your preferred dining time when you officially book the cruise. If you have already booked and they didn't, call them back and let the, know when you want you dinner time to be.

There are only two main dining rooms on that ship, both serve identical menus. There are no specialty restaurants on Paradise, the lido buffet is the only alternative dining option.

There will be one formal night, should be the second evening.

How formal for this trip? Tux or will suite and tie do?

Thanks again.

I was just on the Paradise last weekend. It is very kicked back ship. I didn't see anyone wearing a tux. Some men wore suits, but most only wore just a nice shirt (some with ties) and dressy pants.

Have a great cruise!:)

I also just wore slacks and shirt/tie. I usually don't do the suit thing unless it's a longer (5 or more days) cruise or special occasion. Never worn a tux on vacation, hopefully never will.

I also agree with luv2cruise, Paradise does have a more relaxed atmosphere. I suspect its mostly due to its many Californian passengers, they aren't known for being uptight folks. We met an LA couple at dinner on that cruise and palled around with them the rest of the cruise, had great time!

Archived