Embarkation and disembarkation on the Crown Princess at Port Everglades

MaggieQuebec

Hi everyone,

I discovered this forum few days ago only and I am sitting at my computer many hours a day. It is so interesting for first timers cruise but for the others to share information too.

As it will be our first cruise ever in Feb. 09, hubby and I would like to know the complete procedure starting with the car parking at Port Everglades at the beginning of the cruise until the disembarkation.

1. Do we have to make reservation to park the car? If so, is there a website to do it? Do we pay only at the end of the cruise when we are leaving the parking? Do they accept credit card?

2. Does Princess allow you to go to your cabin as soon as you board? If not, at what time can you do it?

3. Does Princess still allow you to bring wine and champagne when you board? What about beer?

4. How long is the muster drill and where does it stand?

5. At the end of the cruise, can you stay in your cabin until your desimbarkation color code is called?

6. Is there a departure tax at Port Everglades? How much? Is it cash?

Thank you so much for taking time to post a reply.

Maggie

Hi everyone,

I discovered this forum few days ago only and I am sitting at my computer many hours a day. It is so interesting for first timers cruise but for the others to share information too.

As it will be our first cruise ever in Feb. 09, hubby and I would like to know the complete procedure starting with the car parking at Port Everglades at the beginning of the cruise until the disembarkation.

1. Do we have to make reservation to park the car? If so, is there a website to do it? Do we pay only at the end of the cruise when we are leaving the parking? Do they accept credit card?

You need no reservation, parking is $15/day and you can pay with a credit card.

2. Does Princess allow you to go to your cabin as soon as you board? If not, at what time can you do it?

On Princess, unlike some others, when you board you can go directly to your cabin.

3. Does Princess still allow you to bring wine and champagne when you board? What about beer?

No Beer. Wine OK.

4. How long is the muster drill and where does it stand?

As long as it takes and places vary. Could be inside; could be outside.

5. At the end of the cruise, can you stay in your cabin until your desimbarkation color code is called?

No. They will give you an exact time when you have to vacate.

6. Is there a departure tax at Port Everglades? How much? Is it cash?

Thank you so much for taking time to post a reply.

No departure tax.

Maggie

You will love the CB.

Pia

Muster drills are inside, at a pre-determined ,lounge meeting area. No standing outside and rool call. The call the drill, the passengers go to the muster station, and a room by room search is done to make sure everyone is out. You sit and listen to the safety announcements, and then are shown how to wear the life jacket. Pretty painless.

Muster drills are inside, at a pre-determined ,lounge meeting area. No standing outside and rool call. The call the drill, the passengers go to the muster station, and a room by room search is done to make sure everyone is out. You sit and listen to the safety announcements, and then are shown how to wear the life jacket. Pretty painless.

And about 30 minutes. However, you may want to get there a few minutes early to as sometimes they run out of seats.

Archived