Free WiFi for AT&T Internet Customers

Doinitwell

For those who are bringing a laptop and who have AT&T internet service, you can get free WiFi access at a number of locations in Alaska, at McDonals restuarants. Ketchikan, Juneau, Sitka all have McDonalds with free WiFi available.

I am a fairly new ATT internet customer....I remember that we have this benefit, but I wasn't too interested when I read my info, but I wasn't thinking about vacations either.....It would be nice to spend a few minutes online without those high ship minutes!!! :D

I'm just curious why you would need to have AT + T service to access free wifi in Mickey D's????

Free wifi, by virtue of the tecnology, is available to anyone who has a wifi compatible laptop. No need to have a SPECIFIC provider, UNLESS you are accessing email through a specific provider. There are plenty of free email web based programs-hotmail, gmail, etc., etc., etc. IF you can get on the internet from anyplace in the world, these email programs are available.

How did you survive prior to 1995.:rolleyes: Must have been terrible for you.........

The world changes and some of us change with it......

I can't figure out people who would tell others what they should do on their vacation or what is terrible for others. Some of us like to be connected. I wouldn't tell you that you should be connected on your vacation. That would be arrogant. I like to be connected and will be buying the new version 2 of the iPhone in order to be more connected. I hope to have it before my July 23 Alaska land tour and cruise.

Sounds like you both need a vacation!:D

I just got back from a wonderful vacation on the Queen Mary 2 and I used their Wi-Fi package. I will be in Alaska 12 days and also have a Caribbean cruise booked in December. I am not retired so I enjoy vacationing! And being connected! If I did not like being connected I would not be on Cruise Critic!!!

I'm just curious why you would need to have AT + T service to access free wifi in Mickey D's????

Free wifi, by virtue of the tecnology, is available to anyone who has a wifi compatible laptop. No need to have a SPECIFIC provider, UNLESS you are accessing email through a specific provider. There are plenty of free email web based programs-hotmail, gmail, etc., etc., etc. IF you can get on the internet from anyplace in the world, these email programs are available.

The WiFi in McDonalds is not free.

Our local service providers provide high-quality Wi-Fi service through several convenient connection options: on-line credit card payment, subscriptions, prepaid cards, or (sometimes) promotional coupons.

http://www.mcdonalds.com/wireless/general_info.html

If you are an AT&T internet customer you can access it for free with your account information. The free email web based programs have nothing to do with a WiFi connection.

I go on vacation to get as far away from "connectivity" as I can. Try it, you'll like it...........

How did you survive prior to 1995.:rolleyes: Must have been terrible for you.........
That's great if you can get away with it...some of us don't have that option; for me, it's stay connected or stay home!;)

and to the OP...thanks for the information about AT&T...that's good to know.

The WiFi in McDonalds is not free.

Our local service providers provide high-quality Wi-Fi service through several convenient connection options: on-line credit card payment, subscriptions, prepaid cards, or (sometimes) promotional coupons.

http://www.mcdonalds.com/wireless/general_info.html

If you are an AT&T internet customer you can access it for free with your account information. The free email web based programs have nothing to do with a WiFi connection.

I'm astounded MickeyD's charges for wifi. They don't in Phoenix or maybe it is just certain stores that have free????

Big problem between MickeyD's and Kinkos on Central and Indian School and also the Safeway/Starbucks on McDowell and 7th St. Go into Kinkos to use their fancy graphics software, connect to the internet through what you think is Kinko's connection and you get MickeyD's. Same at the Starbucks (where wifi is free). Connection runs through Mickey D's a lot of the time-no password, no authorization, no cost.

I'm sorry I spouted off. I am still astounded MickeyD's charges for wifi.

While I don't have AT&T for my home internet service, I do have AT&T DataConnect. Anywhere in the U.S. that I can get an AT&T phone signal, I can use the internet on my laptop. One of my questions when ordering this service was specifically about Alaska. AT&T claims to have great coverage in Alaska (at least where the people are, even though that is a very small piece of the Alaska landscape.)

McD's dont have Free Wi-Fi- they contract thru Waypoint to offer WiFi.

If you have an AT&T account-through any of their subsidaries,like bellsouth.net or such like-you can log on using your info...

Starbucks have never offered free WIFI as far as I know, until a month ago- if you had a T-Mobile account,you could log on free or purchase a day or hourly rate at Starbucks.

As from 1 month ago- Starbucks are now doing what McD's are-they are allowing the same service that T-Mobile had ,to AT&T customers.

if Phoenix are giving WI-FI free-it may be another good reason to move there!!

I'm astounded MickeyD's charges for wifi. They don't in Phoenix or maybe it is just certain stores that have free????

Big problem between MickeyD's and Kinkos on Central and Indian School and also the Safeway/Starbucks on McDowell and 7th St. Go into Kinkos to use their fancy graphics software, connect to the internet through what you think is Kinko's connection and you get MickeyD's. Same at the Starbucks (where wifi is free). Connection runs through Mickey D's a lot of the time-no password, no authorization, no cost.

I'm sorry I spouted off. I am still astounded MickeyD's charges for wifi.

Archived