rhapsody 19/10 itinerary change?

nitelite

While checking my reservation on rci website, it appears the ports of ouvea and poum have been changed to champagne bay and mystery island.

I've read so many good posts about champagne bay on this forum so I'm grinning from ear to ear in regards to the change.:D

I just hope they don't change it back again:rolleyes:

Do port changes happen often? There isn't any reason for the change posted (that I could see) so I'd be interested to find out why the change :confused:

Cheers

:) :)

RCCL has made changes to other Rhapsody itineraries, as mentioned on this post too - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=789554

We loved Champagne Bay, but Ouvea & Poum (Emerald Bay) are also meant to be beautiful places.

Changes do happen from time to time, as the original itineraries are decided so far ahead of the cruise. We had Mystery Island changed to Lifou in January, with "operational" the only reason given.

My cynical side says they will save fuel with the new itinerary. :rolleyes:

Could be lots of other reasons, but they will not usually announce it. The only reasons I have seen announced were due to hurricane damage or security issues.

While checking my reservation on rci website, it appears the ports of ouvea and poum have been changed to champagne bay and mystery island.

I've read so many good posts about champagne bay on this forum so I'm grinning from ear to ear in regards to the change.:D

I just hope they don't change it back again:rolleyes:

Do port changes happen often? There isn't any reason for the change posted (that I could see) so I'd be interested to find out why the change :confused:

Cheers

:) :)

Well in my view Mystery Island beats Poum, so that's a change for the better, and from what I've heard about Champagne Bay it would certainly beat Poum as well. Don't know about Ouvea, as I haven't been there yet.

Champagne Bay is glorious. We haven't been to Ouvea, but one of the Purser's Office staff on the Pacific Sun told me he thinks it is the most beautiful port that the ships go to. Have a great time.:):)

Thanks for the replies.

I'm just so exicted about taking my first cruise that I'm not really fussed which ports are on the itinerary, I was just curious as to why they would change them so far in advance (I've read in most of the posts that ports are normally changed due to bad weather), although my initial thought was that it was probably to save money (as axcards suggested).

I'm sure it'll be a great experience no matter which ports are on the itinerary :D

Cheers:) :)

Haven't been on for awhile so was surprised to see changes, thanks for the info.

Not too worried about missing Poum, but absolutely LOVED Ouvea when I went there last year. Had decided to do a taxi tour to the bridge this time around but now that it has been scrapped, that is off my agenda.

I have heard that the two changes are lovely too, so it will be nice to go somewhere different.

Archived