Millennium Alaska 5/29/09

PaulnKarl

Ok, I realize its early to begin talking about Alaska next year, when this year's season has just begun. We're booked on the first northbound itinerary from Vancouver on the Celebrity Millennium (5/29/09). We made early reservations because we wanted a specific cabin (7002). We're looking for other couples interested in sharing dining tables/excursions.

Paul & Karl

• 7 months later...

A good friend recently returned from New Zealand after a cruise from Australia and said it was quite bad. They got stuck in a balcony room with a major obstruction. (not advertised as such). They said the ship had a very worn look to it and was in need of major refurbishing. Poor service.. not so great food.. and a major screw up with the return plane reservations which was booked through the line. They are getting nowhere with the line and was a major disappointment and a very bad vacation. Just a heads up.

A good friend recently returned from New Zealand after a cruise from Australia and said it was quite bad. They got stuck in a balcony room with a major obstruction. (not advertised as such). They said the ship had a very worn look to it and was in need of major refurbishing. Poor service.. not so great food.. and a major screw up with the return plane reservations which was booked through the line. They are getting nowhere with the line and was a major disappointment and a very bad vacation. Just a heads up.

I just spoke to Celebrity customer service and they informed me that Millennium is going to be dry docked for 2 weeks this May for refurbishment and redecorating.

• 2 months later...

Hi Doug, Drew & Bubba.

Yes, I'd also heard that the Millennium was in dry dock for partial refurb. From Celeb's booking site it looks like it's to undergo major refurb in 2010.

Anyway, there are four of us - Paul & Karl (couple) and Kath and David - all of us "family", and all of us having cruised a number of times together. This is our first time to Alaska (apart from David who's taking a two week add-on to the arctic circle - brave man!).

Karl & I, and Kat have booked the Lake Jewel B&B in Anchorage for two nights after the cruise.

Paul

We're down to 2 actually. Bubba dropped out. We're getting to Vancouver on the morning of the 28th to site see a little as we have never been there either. Staying at the Georgian Court Hotel downtown. On board we are in cabin 9078. We didn't think to stay in Anchorage an extra day or 2, so we are flying out Friday night.

Hi DnD

Pleased to finally connect with you. We fly into Vancouver on the afternoon of 28th. Kat's taking care of booking the hotel. We're flying in from Fort Lauderdale, although Karl & I live in WPB.

Feel at liberty to email directly paulw8555@yahoo.com - hopefully we can plan to get together.

PnK

• 4 weeks later...

Just booked the Millenium May 29 and June 5. For a round trip out of Vancouver. Great price and since we're locals or near enough (Victoria BC) no air fare. My partner and I going, looking forward to the the rest and relaxation. This will be our 4th trip to Alaska so we've done a lot of the touristy sites. Our shore excursions will be good dinners in the Olympic Restaurant!

Hi Jac69,

Woowhooo! More family! Sorry, just the Texas coming out. We've never done an Alaska cruise so maybe you can suggest what to do and what's a waste of time and money. We're looking forward to dinner in the Olympic Restaurant too and being on Celebrity as this is our first cruise with them. email: dndranch@gvtc.com

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone!

I just booked the back-to-back itineraries for 5/29/09 - 6/05/09 and 6/05/09 - 6/12/09 on the Millennium. The price was so amazingly cheap, it was actually cheaper to do the back-to-back with a round-trip from one city (Vancouver) than it was to do the one week with a multi-city flight. We will be staying one night in Vancouver before the trip and one night afterwards.

Looking forward to meeting all of you. I am not traveling with my partner this time around, but with a straight friend, so will be looking to meet up with family and get to know everyone.

Hey guys,

my partner and I are in 7000. We are going with his parents and we are meeting up with his sister and brother-in-law.

The sister and brother-in-law are from Lake Havasu but the 4 of us are from England.

We'll probably bump into you near the cabins.

See you then.

Steve

Hi Steve,

Welcome aboard. I'm travelling with my partner and his parents who also happen to be from England! Sounds like we will be on the same deck as you. Forgotten the cabin number already but its in the 7000s. See everyone soon. Only 3 weeks to go!

Is any one signing up for the Cruise Critic party thing? I noticed on the straight board for this cruise that they were trying to get people to sign up as apparently they need at least 25 people. I am assuming that there will be some sort of FOD meeting schedule...sure hope so.

Hey Steve

Karl and I are in 7002, which, I think, is next door to you I think. I'm also from England but have lived in the USA for 15 years. During the cruise we celebrate 5 years together and our 2nd wedding anniversary (legally married June 2nd in Montreal).

Paul & Karl

Hi Guys,

We have been together for 8 years and married for 3 years this August coming.

Congratulations for June 2nd:)

Can't believe there are so many Brits going!! I am a bit perplexed by the warm weather they have been having. It got up to 22 degrees in Denali last week. I think I'm gonna have to rethink my wardrobe as I have been buying warm winter gear.

Tickets arrived yesterday and the post-cruise tour itinerary.

Can't wait!!

Steve

Just to let everone know, the Millenium has arrived in Victoria BC for her cosmetic refit. This will supposedly include a Solstice style buffet area, a second specialty restaurant and new soft furnishings in cabins and hallways.

Weatherwise, its a mixed bag in Alaska right now. Raining and 11 degrees in Ketchikan, partly sunny and 13 in Juneau and still sunny and in the mid to high teens in the Anchoridge area. Still looks like we have to pack a wide variety!!

You can check out the details of the refurbisment on the roll call for the Mlle. By the way we need only 5 more to register for our CC get together. Its usually a blast and James Callhun the Cruise Director will come and chat us up ....and since we are going Back to Back as well its always great to meet lots of new people. Check us out

They moved the information on the CC page so forget what I said...... and go to the Celebrity website, go to frequently asked questions and there you will find Cruise Critic Connections information, give that a try

Archived