St.Thomas and St. Maarten Excursion Question

I posted over on the Ports of Call boards, but there is not too much traffic over there.Has anyone ever done a jet-ski tour at Divi? We are interested in a tour rather than just 1/2-1 hour rental and these sounded pretty good. I'd love to hear from anyone that has had experience booking this through Divi. Another option is a tour through St. Maarten Excursions. I've never heard of this company though and was wondering if anyone had any experience in using them.

In St. Thomas they have another branch of the company called, St. Thomas Excursions. They offer an excursion called a "Craig Cat Tour" which also looks like a lot of fun. I'd really appreciate any information about Divi's tours or either of the other two.

My Dh rented jet skiis while we were at Divi Beach. He said that it was fun, but once outside the protection of the little cove, the seas were rough, so that limited where we could go. But, he said he had a good time. I had a great day at Divi.

Thank you for the info Sandy. That is one of the reasons why we would like to do a jet ski tour, in case we run into problems on the open water. Every time my DH has been on a jet ski, he has had one that has broken down and would not run at all. Luckily, we were on a ships tour each time so the problem was quickly fixed with a new jet ski.

Does anyone else have any experience with jet ski tours in St. Thomas or St. Maarten? Also, has anyone heard of the companies St. Thomas Excursions or St. Maarten Excursions?

We don't have too much more time left before our cruise :), and I was in hopes of finding a something before we leave.

Nova,

If you are talking about stmaartencruiseexcursions.com, we booked an excursion through them for our cruise this past March and had no problems. We did the Rhino Riders in St. Maarten - lots of fun!

You can even chat online with them if you need help, or contact them by email. Again, we had no problems with them and everything went smoothly.

Have a great cruise! :)

Just got back from the EOS and we had booked the "aqua boats" through st maarteen/st thomas excursions.

They did NOT show up in the place they said they would be. Ruined about 2 hours of our St. Martin day as we scrambled to figure out what to do.

Called them a bunch of times, no answer.

I emailed them and a few days later they said the van they had didnt have proper ID to get into port, but they made no effort to contact me.

They also said the reason they didnt answer the phone when i called was because they were moving their office.

Bottom line: they didnt show up and made no effort to notify me of any problem: SCAM.

Thank you SO much for this info! I will not be booking anything with them. I was concerned as I had never heard of them before and now I'm glad I didn't book with them. If that is how they work, they won't be around for long.

How about any jet-ski tours? Do you know anything about one in St. Thomas or St. Maarten?

Thanks again!

Did a Pvt. tour in St.Maarten with Joyce Prince.

We wanted to see the Island and have lunch. She is awesome and see if she is still avail. as she fills up fast. Has her own website just google her name. Good price -excellent host.:)

I was just looking for more information on St. Marten/St. Thomas excursions. I noticed that a previous poster had problems with them. We are scheduled to take the aqua boat tour with them in July. We have put a $49 deposit with them and we were told to go to the Hertz Rental car office to get our transportation to the marina. Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

We did the America's Cup regatta in St. Maarten - it was BY FAR our favorite excursion on our last cruise. We'd love to do it again.

As for St. Thomas, we didn't spend much time on St. Thomas itself - we took the Red Hook ferry over to St. John and spent most of the day at Cinnamon Beach. We took the ferry back to St. Thomas for a late lunch, then got back on our ship.

Archived