Final QE Transatlantic - Should I or Shouldn't I?

Buddy604

Guest Anorak33
wheres that Ignore button !

The Ignore Button does work well, I have used it on a dogowner, but you still get to see some of their posts if they are quoted by another member.

I have a similar situation… I booked a Q3 with intentions of making the crossing with my folks, my treat, but I am now out of work and the chances of making it are slim.

I made the reservation a year ago and you never think of the what ifs… The payment is due on 18 July and I have up to 17 July to cancel without penalty. These situations are absolutely heartbreaking…. I don’t know what to do.

I could try to waitlist for a single cabin, but would feel like a heel to go without them, and running up debt. I am sure there will be more tales of woe coming as final payments are due.

Just know you are not alone.

John Paul,

Why not try and see if you can downgrade, doesn't the fact that you actually have a reservation count for anything? Either way you just got to come on this trip, there are some great folks onboard.

It's a very kind gesture to take your folks and pay for them as well, maybe if you explained to them the stuation that might make it easier for you to sail? or why not consider a share with someone?

Anyway l'm sure whatever you decide will be best and l'm behind you on that, so to speak..

Myles

wheres that Ignore button !

I'm told its near the spell check, neither of which l can find;)

I have a similar situation… I booked a Q3 with intentions of making the crossing with my folks, my treat, but I am now out of work and the chances of making it are slim.

I made the reservation a year ago and you never think of the what ifs… The payment is due on 18 July and I have up to 17 July to cancel without penalty. These situations are absolutely heartbreaking…. I don’t know what to do.

I could try to waitlist for a single cabin, but would feel like a heel to go without them, and running up debt. I am sure there will be more tales of woe coming as final payments are due.

Just know you are not alone.

Ouch, I'm so sorry - makes my issue insignificant in perspective.

sorry to hear that you are going solo after all it would have been able to go on qe2 again before she goes, never mind, thanks anyway

dave

Hey Dave, I did a little looking around for you, and now that the final payment dates have passed on several of the remaining QE2 cruises, space is opening up. The August 22nd sailing, a 5 day Euro sampler, has some spots open, including a single occupancy MO outside. I don't know what the rates are like in the UK, but Cunard is offering it in the Americas at about US$2600 for the five days. You might want to check with your Travel Agent if you're interested.

Guest Anorak33

There are some good deals on the 12 day Southampton roundtrip 31st July Iceland and Norway on QE2 - they don't seem to have made it onto the Cunard website but are bookable through an agent with human reservations contacts.

Cunard also were kind enough to combine the offers with the 5% WC discount making it somewhat more attractive.

Way below the listed pricing, and seemed to be less in UK than US.

There are some good deals on the 12 day Southampton roundtrip 31st July Iceland and Norway on QE2 - they don't seem to have made it onto the Cunard website but are bookable through an agent with human reservations contacts.

Cunard also were kind enough to combine the offers with the 5% WC discount making it somewhat more attractive.

Way below the listed pricing, and seemed to be less in UK than US.

Yes, I noticed there is lots of space available on the northern glacier run, and the per diem price isn't bad at all for a 12 day jaunt.

Thanks Myles and Mike for your kind words and good wishes.

I phoned Cunard and they would place me on the waiting list for single cabins, but I would be #98 or #97.... I don’t think I would ever be called at that position.

I have my fingers crossed that this will work out.. Only time will tell, too bad I don’t have more of it.

The QE2 12 night Iceland cruise fares have once again been heavily discounted & for those of us that book about a year in advance it is very unfair to discount the fares so heavily IMHO!!!

Luckily for myself & my 7 night cruise next week on QE2 this cruise sold very quickly & we were lucky to get a Q2 & QG cabin at reasonable fares before the ships's sale was announced & fortunately the Q2's are sold very quickly so rarely offered with ludicrous discounts! I can understand Cunard wanting to fill their ships but P & O do not discount their cabins quite as much as Cunard do at the last minute!

Kind Regards,

RJMS74

The QE2 12 night Iceland cruise fares have once again been heavily discounted & for those of us that book about a year in advance it is very unfair to discount the fares so heavily IMHO!!!

Luckily for myself & my 7 night cruise next week on QE2 this cruise sold very quickly & we were lucky to get a Q2 & QG cabin at reasonable fares before the ships's sale was announced & fortunately the Q2's are sold very quickly so rarely offered with ludicrous discounts! I can understand Cunard wanting to fill their ships but P & O do not discount their cabins quite as much as Cunard do at the last minute!

Kind Regards,

RJMS74

Guest Anorak33

Hi again RJMS74, yes we just couldn't ignore the great pricing and we booked to cruise 31st July, another Q GTY. I think this WILL be the last cruise for us on QE2, but I said that last time. The other one I might book if there is a special is a 14 day E. Med near the end of August.

Last time we got 2071 which is kinda smallish (average I guess) as they go and a little tired but the stewardess Esther was good. She's been on 19 years and was thrilled to serve the Queen a Dubonnet during our last cruise. I'd be happy to have the same room again.

Interesting that the royal lunch was in Caronia, I must try it sometime.........

Did you have a peek at the photo link I put on earlier in the thread of the 2 Japanese ladies?

hi anorak 33, very pleased to hear you are back onboard again - am not surprised - I am very pleased at being back again on board in just 3 days from now - I love the ship & Queens Grill & interestingly my first cabin onboard QG single back in 2001 was next door to yours 2070 & I though that tired but since then have had some very nice single QG cabins this time I have 1035 the largest single cabin onboard. Esther is lovely & her husband before he was ill was one of the main Chefs in the Caronia Restaurant - where I've dined on one crossing - 1 out of my 8 cruises / crossings on QE2 was Caronia & it is a nice experience but not as good as the Grills!!!

Esther was my stewardess on my first cruise in 2001 & since then she's been my steward on 3 cruises but whenever on board I always go to see her & have a chat. A friend of mine last October whilst I was onboard had the Carinthia Suite and really sung Esther's praises & when I went to one of my friends' parties in her suite I saw Esther en-route & she is such a lovely person.

so you have booked a guarntee cabin - you may end up in a very nice Q grade cabin at the end of July. Friends of mine are on that cruise on the Signal deck.

Kindest Regards,

Richard

(my email address is rjms@btinternet.com)

anorak33 I forgot to add in my earlier post yes many thanks for posting the photo - no this is not the lady that I have seen on previous cruises.

Kind Regards,

Richard

Archived