Turkish Visas after completing River Cruise

SuJaDon

Hi

We are leaving Australia in 3 weeks for a 26 day River Cruise from Amsterdam to the Black Sea with APT (which I believe use Amadeus Boats) and then we have 3 days in Turkey. Our travel documents so although you can obtain a Turkish Visa at the border it is advisable to obtain them before leaving Australia. On checking with our Travel Agent he says that you obtain them at the border and there is no need for them to get them beforehand. Has anyone else done this cruise and if so what is the story on the Turkish Visas.

Thanks

Sue

Hi

We are leaving Australia in 3 weeks for a 26 day River Cruise from Amsterdam to the Black Sea with APT (which I believe use Amadeus Boats) and then we have 3 days in Turkey. Our travel documents so although you can obtain a Turkish Visa at the border it is advisable to obtain them before leaving Australia. On checking with our Travel Agent he says that you obtain them at the border and there is no need for them to get them beforehand. Has anyone else done this cruise and if so what is the story on the Turkish Visas.

Thanks

Sue

Sue - We did the Budapest->Istanbul Black Sea Discovery cruise with Amadeus last October, and were also advised to get Turkish visas in advance because of delays at the border. We got ours at the Turkish consulate in Chicago - applied in the morning and picked them up after lunch. When we got to the Turkish border only half of our very full bus had advance visas, but the wait was minimal and the border guards were very friendly. I'll bring my posting up to the current page by adding a message to you on that thread. You can see photos at:

http://picasaweb.google.com/billwitowski

WIT

Why not ask the Turkish consulate in Melbourne or embassy in Canberra? They can tell you what is required for Australian citizens, which may or may not apply to others. The DFAT Smart Traveller website should give you contact information.

Archived