Cozumel beach Suggestion

Graylar

I was in Coz the week of June 1, 2008 and want to share an excellent excursion to avoid the cruise crowds. At the prior, rent a car from any one of numerous car rental places. I rented from Avis for about $60 a day including insurance. Do not rent without insurance as Mexican law are very strict about damages to rental cars. Your American insurance in no good in Coz. The cars are not the typical rental car but I would suggest air conditioning as Coz is nothing but hot. Once you rent your car, their is basically only one road around the island. Start on the east side and on your right or the beach side will be many beach resorts. I would suggest Playa Palancar. The beach here is free for the cruise crowds. The waiters are paid by tips only and they hustle. The Margaritas are to die for and huge for $5 each. The scenery is beautiful and the beach open to wearing about anything you wish so children may not be the best idea. The food was true Mexican food. The entrance fee is free and after 3 hours, 6 drinks and food, my bill was $30. Next continue around the tip and tour the lighthouse. On the west side, the beach is a mix of rocks and sand. You will see people on the beach with more of the European attitude. By all means stop at Coconuts and Mezicalitos. This will be a good 7 hour tour. Remember this though "One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor" Best Margaritas I have every had and priced very reasonable. Total cost for day was about $125 including car and gas. Loved the scenery.

Here's another suggestion. DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE! We've got enough local drunks. Don't need to be dodging drunk tourists as well...

Very well said Tom! That is why I will be grabbing a cab at the Pier in August and heading to Paradise Beach! I can't wait to get one of those drinks in a pineapple!! I did it in August of 06, and I can't wait to do it again in August of 08!

Why anyone would want to ruin their vacation by drunk driving in another country is beyond me! See you in August!

Terry

Very well said Tom! That is why I will be grabbing a cab at the Pier in August and heading to Paradise Beach! I can't wait to get one of those drinks in a pineapple!! I did it in August of 06, and I can't wait to do it again in August of 08!

Why anyone would want to ruin their vacation by drunk driving in another country is beyond me! See you in August!

Terry

Yeah, it's as if they think that they're immune to the effects of alcohol 'cause they're on vacation and in another country. :eek: Wierd. Anyway, glad you're paying us anoher visit, I'll make sure the pineapple boat makes it's delivery that week for you! I'll be on vacation myself, but the staff will take good care of you. Have a great vacation!

Yeah, it's as if they think that they're immune to the effects of alcohol 'cause they're on vacation and in another country. :eek: Wierd. Anyway, glad you're paying us anoher visit, I'll make sure the pineapple boat makes it's delivery that week for you! I'll be on vacation myself, but the staff will take good care of you. Have a great vacation!

Tom, I am so sorry I will miss you, but we will try to remember milk!! Thanks for lining up the pineapple boat delivery!! :)!! I will make a toast to your vacation!! :)!

Terry

Tom, I am so sorry I will miss you, but we will try to remember milk!! Thanks for lining up the pineapple boat delivery!! :)!! I will make a toast to your vacation!! :)!

Terry

Don't bother about the milk, it'll be bad by the time I get back. Enjoy your vacation, I'll probably be toasting up in Canada while you're toasting down here;)

Archived