ROLL CALL - 08/08/08 & 08/16/08 - WindStar - Venice to Athens to Istanbul

Omphalos

Thanks to all the chatter and good advice here, I booked a back to back Venice-Athens-Istanbul for Aug 9th this morning.

Haven't cruised since I was a kid, but I'm looking forward to it. I'm 47, male and single, so I hope I'm not too out of place.

I'm spending three nights in Venice and three in Istanbul before returning to Seattle.

Ciao!

Jim

I love Venice, too. There's a guy named Vittorio Costantini in Calle del Fuomo who makes the most incredible insects out of glass. Don't miss him next time you're there.

I'm starting to wonder if I shouldn't have booked another night or two in Istanbul, though, because there's so much to see.

In another thread you mentioned,

We used Kagan Kosagan last month in Istanbul and wished we could have had him in Ephesus. He was one of the best guides we have ever had, anywhere! His e-mail is kosagan@yahoo.com

I think I'll drop him a line regarding a half-day outing. I'm most interested in a review of the architecture, but I'm up for anything. What's your personal "can't miss" in Istanbul?

What's your personal "can't miss" in Istanbul?

I would have to say the Grand Bazaar. We loved the colors and the atmosphere, and had great fun interacting with the merchants. We went back several times.

Archived