Pictures of a 4 berth inside ........

newbie cruiser77

Our room on the CB looked very much like the one posted with the 2 bunks down. We kept the bunks up during the day and it makes the room look bigger. There is plenty of room in the closet and shelved cabinet for clothes for 4 people.

If you keep the room very tidy, it works out fine. It was DH and my twin 13 year old sons in this room with me in April and as long as I made them keep their huge shoes (!!!!!!) in the closet it was fine :) Two of the guys went to the gym locker room to shower and that helped with having only one bathroom.

We all got along fine and it takes a very short time to get used to the tight space. To tell you the truth, every inside room and balcony room are smaller than you think they will be. Each time I walk into our cabin the first time, I think, WOW is this smaller than I remember. But, after you get everything organized, it all works out great.

You got that right! Being claustrophobic, that pic makes a chill run down my spine.;) And one bathroom for four people on top of that.

Mike:)

LOL I can't even remember where I found that picture. I think I was searching for triple and quad pictures because we will have 3 people in our cabin. Yes, it will be cozy. ;) At least we are in an ocean view.

You got that right! Being claustrophobic, that pic makes a chill run down my spine.;) And one bathroom for four people on top of that.

Mike:)

Especially when one is your wife and two are your daughters (read, 3 bathrooms / closets are not enough, let alone 1) Started preparing for formal night right after embarkation :eek:

Last summer we were a family of 4 on the Crown with an inside cabin with the upper berths that the cabin steward opened in the evening - it was very cosy!! I think that when the kids are older we may book 2 inside cabins next to each other that will not cost too much extra as the 3rd & 4th would end up paying just a bit more to have their own cabin. We're going again this year and are looking forward to lots of family time together - we find that the money we save by staying in a cheaper cabin makes the rest of our trip more enjoyable as we can then spend it on excursions or shopping!! Have a great trip!!:D

The fold down bunks each have a ladder so it is fairly easy to get up there. The ladders are stored in the closet during the day when the bunks are up.

Those bunks are very sturdy and I would guess they could hold at least 200 - 225 pounds each. I do not remember reading a weight limit as my guys are still under 130 pounds a piece.

The bunks are terrific for teenagers as there is a reading light next to the head of the bunk and the mattress is a regular one, not a thin bunk type mattress.

Eeek! We're leaving on the Grand in 2 weeks, 4 of us per room, with our 2 teenage daughters. My husband better be prepared to go to the gym locker room shower, or we'll never get out of there!

It looks VERY cozy to say the least. I know we'll survive. The cruise is very port intensive, so there's little time on the ship anyway.

Thanks so much for the pics. They'll help the transition.

Eeek! We're leaving on the Grand in 2 weeks, 4 of us per room, with our 2 teenage daughters. My husband better be prepared to go to the gym locker room shower, or we'll never get out of there!

It looks VERY cozy to say the least. I know we'll survive. The cruise is very port intensive, so there's little time on the ship anyway.

Thanks so much for the pics. They'll help the transition.

I looked at the quad for the balcony and I was anticipating more space. Our last two cruises had been on the Carnival Liberty and we had standard balcony rooms. Those rooms included a couch that was turned into a bed at night with one pullman bed. There was enough room for all of us. When I looked at the Princess balcony quad, I was taken aback by the lack of space and no sofa to speak of :mad: . I also read that you can't even watch tv when both of the upper berths are out. I sucked it up and paid an additional $530 for a mini-suite (E731) on the Emerald deck. My kids will only be 11 & 9 when we next cruise and we generally get back to the room (and the kids from the kids clubs) between 10:30 and 11. I guess this expense just goes to the vacation quality line and that's it. I didn't want less room than we've been used to on Carnival. I was hoping to upgrade the vacation and I guess this is part of that expense.

Thanks for the pics as well. We will be booking a quad interior for October of 2009 in the next week. We just got back from Carnival Glory and a family ocean view room, while this one will be much smaller, we'll be happy to be back with Princess. The food, service and ship just did not compare to Princess'.

Archived