cruise rewards!!!

seabourndt

i purchased a cruise rewards when i was on dream, as they said you do not have to pay a deposit to book your chosen cruise. i enquired from vacations to go but they said iu would have to pay the deposit again, is this true!! if i call ncl direct will this be different?

dave

i purchased a cruise rewards when i was on dream, as they said you do not have to pay a deposit to book your chosen cruise. i enquired from vacations to go but they said iu would have to pay the deposit again, is this true!! if i call ncl direct will this be different?

dave

The $250.00 you paid for the Cruise Rewards certificate is your next deposit. You tell them you have a cruise rewards and they will use the $250.00 as your deposit when you book your next cruise.

I have used 3 of them so far.

Happy Cruising

dave

Our TA just took our cruise rewards certificate and checked with NCL. She received confirmation from NCL that a cruise rewards certificate existed and that was all that we needed for our deposit and to pick our cabin. The rest is due at final payment.

Perhaps...

For below certain categories, the $250 reward cert is sufficient for the COMPLETE deposit.

For above certain categories, the $250 is not enough for the deposit and additional is required.

Here's NCL's link http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=CruiseRewardsTC

and what the fine print says regarding additional $ due

Limit one (1) Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit may be used per stateroom; and may be used as the full deposit (for all staterooms except Owner's Suites, Courtyard Villas and Garden Villas). One (1) Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit may be used as a partial deposit towards the full required deposit for Owner's Suites, Courtyard Villas and Garden Villas.

If the TA won't accept the cruise rewards and you want to book a category where it should cover the full deposit, take you business elsewhere.

We ran into the same problem. It is kind of difficult to explain, but bear with me. Unless you already transferred your certificate rights to ***** ahead of time, it will take six to eight weeks to go through all the steps to have NCL give Vacationsto go (or any travel agency) credit. So in order for you to actually have a cabin reserved for the time you want it through the travel agency you need to repay the deposit.

We had a slightly different scenario, but same problem. We HAD gone ahead and assigned the NCL cruise credit to *****, but had not used it. A couple months ago we found a great deal through another internet agency that also included airfare, so we wanted to use our cruise credit for that instead. We are having to jump through all kinds of hoops to get NCL to tranfer the money to the new agency. Letter or fax with all the particulars to NCL headquarters in Miami. Come to find out Vacations to go never HAD the money, NCL was holding on to it all the time, and we would have had to go through some stuff, but since we had assigned the "rights" to our credit in adance it would have been applied to the deposit. NCL is very new at this cruise credit thing and would much rather have us all book through them, so they do not make it "easy" to transfer that credit over to a travel agent! When the $200. early deposit you paid on your last NCL cruise finally reaches your travel agency it will be applied to your balance.

We ran into sort of the same problem with NCL and V2G but V2G

straightened it right away. Despite our having given NCL our V2G

TA's name (we always use the same one!) they booked it as an

NCL booking with the onboard person's name. We just had to

write a letter and fax it to V2G and to a specific dept. at NCL and

within a day or so the deposit was changed over and secured

through V2G and our trusty TA there. If you still have a problem

let me know and maybe we can share info on a V2G contact off

the board. margretha

Maybe everyone using V2G needs to get a new TA!

Since last August I've booked 4 cruises with my California based online TA using Cruise Rewards cetificates for the deposits with no problems. All the TA needs to do is call NCL, give them your Latitudes number, and ask them to apply a Cruise Reward for the deposit on whatever cruise you're booking.

FWIW, I've also helped my TA become an expert with the Compass Rewards credit card certificates as well, having used them on 5 bookings in the past couple years :).

I had no problem calling an online TA and having them use my cruise reward. I also transfered a booking from NCL, held with a cruise reward, to a local TA. All I had to do was fax the TA's name to NCL. I suspect a particular online company -V2GO-may be the problem :eek: .

dave

Time to call another TA or NCL direct.

The TA I use is another big online discounter. In order to get the lowest rate you have to do your initial booking online. I thought this would pose a problem for redeeming my certificate so I called them to find out if I could still book with them and use the certificate as my down payment. The agent I spoke to said it would not be a problem at all and explained the procedure to me over the phone.

Archived